[39]

Telling Ayato was the hardest part, now that that it was over and done with, (Y/N) felt free and weightless, almost as light as a feather

After she told Ayato, the next day she visited her best friends, Aito and Cho and after a long anime marathon, she told them. Of course Cho cried and hugged her and ranted on about how much she'd miss (Y/N) and how Aito would be insufferable without (Y/N) to keep him in line.

Aito, however, just nonchalantly placed a bet, wagering that (Y/N) would miss him before she even got on the plane. What are best friends for? But (Y/N) could tell, behind all the nonchalance and laid back playfullness, that Aito would really miss her because she'd miss him alot. They've been best friend for as long as she could remember, even before Cho walked into their lives and made it a triple package.

After telling everyone in person, (Y/N) began packing. Packing was almost symbolic because it made her feel like that was the final step to confirm that it was actually happening; she was leaving Tokyo for while. Of course, there wasn't much to pack since half her belongings were burnt to crisp at Anteiku, but just the ones that were with her at Genna's place.

Throughout the whole time, Genna was nothing but supportive and that made (Y/N) feel better. They packed up what little belongings she had left for the trip to America.

When the day to actually leave came by, she felt like she was gonna be sick. She couldn't believe that she was gonna leave Tokyo and that it was actually happening until Genna woke her up with breakfast in bed and ranted on about America and how great it was as she picked up the things (Y/N) forgot to pack and packed them in the suitcase.

The sandwhich tastes like sponge and the juice seemed to be a bit too sweet for her all of a sudden scratchy throat.

" . . . And then there's your nephew's, who are all sooo excited for today. They Skyped me a few hours ago and told me they were gonna wait suuper early and Brianna and Brian decorated your room. I told them all about what you like so they went crazy and it actually looked nice but you'll see when we get there I guess." She trailed off as she saw the distracted look on (Y/N)'s face.

Genna paused her folding and placed it aside before sitting next to (Y/N). The bed dipped at her weight but (Y/N) didn't even seem to realize that Genna had stop ranting and was now sitting beside her.

"Hey, you okay?" Genna asked gently.

(Y/N) sighed and dropped the glass of juice on the tray. "I just--it's just that I don't know if what I'm doing is right? And I'm so conflicted, I'm just so confused."

Genna smiled softly. "You never truly know if the choices you make a right or wrong, but I think all choices are right, even if their wrong because if they are wrong, then you learn a valuable lesson from them, so you do get something good out of a wrong decision."

"I think you're right.  I'm just getting jittery."

"(Y/N)-chan. Do you want this?" Genna asked.

(Y/N) paused for a second, but just a fraction of a second before her reply came. "Yes. Besides. It's not like I'll be gone forever, ya know?" She mustered a smile.

Genna grinned and clapped her hand enthusiastically. "That's the spirit! Now have a bath, we leave for the airport in 30 minutes."

Genna picked up the tray and made her way out.

(Y/N) smile dropped as she got off her bed. I am making the right choice . . . Right?

After she got ready, they put the suitcases in the trunk and drove off to the airport. The drive didn't last as long (Y/N) had hoped and it felt like it was just a five minute drive instead of a twenty minute drive. The passing scenery flashed by like a blur even though Genna was driving lower than the standard speed limit.