12 - Gifts

The next day I wake up feeling anything but lighter or lighter hearted. I feel horrible.

I also feel like I'm going to be fired on my very first day of work. It's about 7:35 and I have to be at Blair's at 8:00. If I finish in time and take a cab, I'll get there at 8:15.

I hop out of bed as fast as I can, doing my thing in the bathroom and coming out fresh. I didn't even notice the tiny velvet box on my bedside table.

I walk towards it slowly. It's so gentle in my hands. And then I open it.

"Holy shit!" I am literally running around the entire house searching for that man! What has he done!?

I go back to my room. There has to be a note or something. And I was right! There was a note.

I pick it up hastily and by the way my hands are shaking like its having an epileptic attack. My hands!

The note reads:

As we are getting married, you should have a ring. Wear it.

That ass. I can't help but admire the beautiful colours that it has as the sun reflects on it and his neat handwriting. And it's obviously real. The ring.

I slip it on my left hand ring finger and its perfect. How did he know the size of my fingers? That weirdo.

Hot weirdo.

I groan and see that it's ten minutes to eight. I quickly rush on some blue jeans, a blue crop top and a leather blue jacket.

I tie my hair up because I seriously don't have time for it. Five minutes to get to the studio. How will I make it in time? Internal crying.

Just then the door bell rings. I groan and open the door to see a mid age looking man standing there, all dressed in a suit and whatnot.

"Hi. How can I help you?" I ask as kindly as I can right now.

"Hello miss. Are you Anja?"

I nod,"Yes. That's me."

"Then this is yours." he hands me a box, and a set of keys.

"The keys?" I question feeling very confused.

"You would love to go to the garage." then he walks away.

I know where the garage is because I was exploring and found it. I never opened the door though because it wouldn't budge so how the fucking hell does he expect me to check the garage?

I go to the side of the house though examining the keys. I find some buttons. As I stand in front of the garage, I try the purple button. The large door loft slowly and I feel the sides of my lips lifting slowly too.

"Holy shit." in front of me is about five freaking cars. Expensive ass cars.

Which one is mine. I press the green unlock button and a light immediately reflects on the car. Of course I wold know what car it is because its my dream car that I've only watched on television. Aston Martin Vanquish.

Sky blue and black. I really don't have time to examine it right now so I hop in and speed away. My butt is really comfortable in this seat.

I can't fight the smile that is glued to my face.

I still think he's an ass though.

**********