22 - The Accuracy Of One's Nose

The following day, I wake up in a bathtub. My back is sore, my neck is sore and my leg too. Seriously? I'm never sleeping in a bathtub ever again.

Since I am in the bathroom, I take a long ass shower then go to the closet.

The bed is made and the room is tidy. He must've just left because his delicious scent still lingers in the closet. I inhale it deeply then realise what a creep I am.

I shake my head and get dressed. I put on a black bootleg jeans, that goes till my belly button at least and a tight baby blue sweater. There's a flower print on the right leg of the jeans so I put a loose floral belt around my waist. It's cute. I put on black high heeled boots and take my black cardigan with me downstairs.

But not before I curl my dark hair, put on some eyeliner and lip gloss. I'm reminded of the ring on my finger when I out on my pearl bracelet. It's beautiful. It looks like a blooming flower with a diamond stud in the centre.

I smile slightly then make my way downstairs with my car keys and phone. My nose smells the scent of... Pancakes, French toast, eggs, bacon and ice cream?

When I get in the kitchen, I see the strong back of a grey suit, standing in front of the stove. He turns around but of my eyes are on all the food in front of me.

"Holy shit." i whisper. Everything I smelt is on front of me, besides the ice cream.

"Yeah, good morning." Chris greets slowly.

"Good morning." i walk past him to the refrigerator. "You sure you can eat all of that food?"

I don't find my energy bars there so I search the cabinets.

"Nope. You're helping me." i turn around to find him seated.

"Excuse me?" I ask very confused.

"Sorry breakfast?" he says it as a question more than a statement.

"Sorry breakfast?" a smile threatens to split but I hold it in.

"Yeah. I'm sorry about what I said last night. I admit that I was an ass for saying those things and yes, maybe I was a tad bit jealous of the guy you with last night. I'm also sorry for calling you loose." i can't fight it anymore. The smile breaks out, "So am I forgiven?"

I sit opposite him on the counter, "No." his hopeful face falls down, but I continue, "Only if you forgive me. I was horrible too. I should never have made accusations in the first place. I mean you can do whatever you want with whoever you want, it's not like we actually love each other. And I'm sorry for the fist time I shouted at you. You know, the one where I said all those horrible things about you being alone... Yeah. I'm sorry. "

"Apology accepted." my head lifts and my eyes meet his, "I guess you're forgiven too then."

He smiles and I swear I melted, "Let's eat then."

"Let's eat." i say. But before I do that...i sniffed my milkshake.

"Anja... What are you doing?" I hear Chris ask.

"I smelt ice cream from up stairs and it has to be somewhere here." I'm sure I smelt it, "Bingo. Chocolate... Vanilla... Strawberry. You used ice cream and milk for this didn't you?"

Before he answers I smell something else in the milkshake, "Fruit too. Bananas and strawberries."

I smile up at him, "Your nose is very accurate. Bit you're missing one thing."

"If I get it, you have to take me to a beach nearby. I have to bean on the shore in a long time." i think out loud.

"Deal." he almost says immediately.

I inhale the milkshake deeply, the scent going straight to my brain. My processes what I smell and...., "It's rose syrup, isn't it?"

"Oh, come on! I was so sure you wouldn't get it."

I laugh at his defeat. A genuine laugh.

"I think I've been underestimating you, haven't I?"

"I think so too."

We laugh and eat breakfast together. He's a pretty good chef. The bloody hot bastard.

********