30 - Tiffany London

I'm busy humming a sweet song in the break room in Chris's building. I am making myself some coffee and chatting now and then to his two employees that are now on the couch.

Suddenly two familiar arms wrap around my waist and I giggle, "What are doing?"

"Missing you." he whispers in my ear. Some part of me wishes that what he says is real. Maybe it is..

"Funny." i state and stir my coffee, "You were so right when you said I'd be bored the first time."

"Then come on."

I lift my head, "Where this time, Chris?"

"I promised someone I'd take them to the beach." my heart flutters at the thought of him remembering.

"I thought you forgot about that...."

"Never. Now let's go."

"Wait, I need the bathroom first. I'll catch up."

"Don't be long." he says before he leaves. I have a mini happy dance then go use the ladies.

After that, I leave to where he parked this morning but my footsteps slow down when I hear voices.

"What the hell is this Christopher!?" a high pitched scream comes from where we parked. I also hear something slam. Like a book.

"A magazine?" Chris answers like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I know it's a magazine but who is this. This piece of trash who stole my man from me!?" she sound very angry.

"She is not trash. That is my fiance and I was never yours. Let's just get that straight. What we had was a fling and its never happening again."

That's when I decided to step into the conversation, "Chris?"

"Oh my god." i hear him whisper. On the ground is a magazine and right enough, my face is on there and I'm clung onto Chris like a leech.

I stand next to him and suddenly the familiar blonde lunges at me. Not exactly because she pokes my chest. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

She's the blonde from the last party I was at but she's also much more familiar than that, "You don't remember me, do you?"

She rowans and steps back, "What are you babbling about now?"

"Tiffany London. Miss kindergarten, head cheerleader in high school, the schools hottest and most wanted girl." i stare at her. She looks different now. More fake. More make up.

"I don't know who the hell you are but what makes you think that you can go around stealing my man?"

"Are we talking about Chris here.... Or Austin?" I whisper.

Recognition flashes in her eyes and she turns to Chris furiously, "Out of all the girls, all the girls, you choose her!? This bitch!?"

"Hey that's uncalled fo-" I cut Chris off.

"Leave it Chris. I've been waiting for this moment. I've been waiting to tell you how wrong you were about everything you've done." i look at Tiffany with distaste.

"Wrong!? You are not going to take away someone else from me too. So back off."

"I didn't take him away Tiffany. He made a choice and he chose me. You have to accept that sooner or later."

"No. You forced him. Blackmailed him. And then you killed him."

Her words sting me hard in my chest, "I did not kill him. If you'd just let us be happy the he would never have died. You started this cold war."

"You will not get away with this too Anja. Not again." she threatens then leaves.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Want to tell me what the hell is going in?" Chris pipes up from behind me.

"Not now Chris." i sigh.

He hugs me from behind, "Hey its okay. Let's go to the beach."

I'm glad Chris is here with me.

*******