4 - The Beginning Of The End

Christopher Quay ^^^

***

The next say I wake up with a smile on my face. Why? Because I'm alive, it's sunny outside and its Sunday. The day I don't do anything except for my music.

After I'm washed and dressed in a floral shorts jumpsuit I just take a fruit upstairs and a stolen cups cake from mum's baking of yesterday and then I'm upstairs in my room.

I put in my headphones and turn the volume up. I've been working on beats for songs that I've been writing and since I don't have the actual instruments, I have to work with what I have.

After a few moments of listening to my music and writing it, I get called by my mum.

Of course I didn't here it because of the head phones so she was by my door.

The good thing about Sundays are that Sam, Shawn and I go out clubbing in the evenings but I never come home drunk. Its all just so that Sam can get laid. Shawn gets drunk though because according his logic, 'Only crazy people go to clubs to not get drunk'.

"I'll catch up. I just want to shut this thing down."

"OK hurry up." her voice is shaky and so is her hands.

I frown then walk into the living room. "God no." i whisper when I see the business suit guy. And he's in a suit again. Looking all formal and hot.

I take a seat on the couch and notice the cake on the table.

Come on. Just yesterday mum said I can't have cake and now she's giving it to him?

My heart calms down as I eye those delicious treats. I look up at dad and mom.

"I was called out of my room for a reason right?"

"Uh, yes," mum starts, looking anywhere but at me, "of course...uh...Your dad will explain. Derek. "she hisses at dad and my eyes go to him.

I look at dad and his eyeballs are literally out of his sockets, "Me?OK. Fine."

Then he starts explaining, "Your grandparents, maternal, wasn't always a big fan of me."

"they hated you." mum mutters and dad sends her a glare. I giggle at their immaturity.

"Anyway, 1 was because of my ways and 2 was because of my financial status. I had nothing. So when I proposed to your mother she said yes and her parents disowned her but not before they drew out a contract. If your mother and I signed it we had their blessings and let me just tell you that having both side of the family's blessings were very important. I just scanned through the contract and then signed. What I didn't know was that this would actually catch up on me. "dad finishes.

" What was in the contract?"I finally ask the dreaded question.

"It states that your late grandparents, maternal, are marrying you to someone else so that you and I quote 'Don't live the life Derek lives'." he points to himself. "They still cause ruckus for us in the death." dad mutters and mum slaps his hand lightly.

"But you're only telling me this because you have to right? Not because I have to marry this contract guy...right?" I ask unsurely.

Both of their eyes trail to Mr business suit man. Oh no.

"So you guys want me to marry this guy over here, because my dead and rich grandparents couldn't stand the sight of my father? That's just great." i mutter the last part sarcastically.

"We are so sorry honey." it was the first time mum spoke now and her eyes are prickling with tears. She reaches out to touch my hand but I move it away.

"I'm going to lay on the ground." and I do. I lay down with my hands by my sides. "And think of a rational way to come to decision of how my life is going to end completely." oh, the exaggeration.

"Its just marriage." dad says.

I close my eyes, "To a man that I don't love. I don't even know him. And he's sitting in our living room looking all tense and formal and hot. Did you guys forget that I have a boyfriend whom I love very much? My whole life is here. I can't just pick up and leave."

"Of course. Shawn." dad mutters with distaste. He never like Shawn.

"So you don't want me to be Shawn's girlfriend but you'll marry me to a stranger?"

"Anja, we could be sued for breach of contract. We don't have that kind of money." mum's soft voice travels to my ears.

Those words play in my mind. They gave up everything for me. I owe them everything.

My hands go to my eyes and I feel the tears. I wipe then away then stand up. Their eyes widen at my tear stained face.

I sit in front of mum and dad and take their hands in mine, "It won't be so bad right? I mean it is arranged. You guys gave me everything I could ever ask for, so I - I-I'll do it." I cringe at the last three words of that sentence.

I kiss both of their hands then stand up,wiping my tears and running my wet hands on my jumpsuit. I turn to the guy sitting on our coach.

" Hello fiance. I'm Anja." i don't take his hand or smile.

Instead, I reach down and take the whole platter of cake and a glass of juice.

"I'm going to take this to my room and celebrate the beginning of the end of my life. I deserve it." I am already halfway to my room.

"You can't eat all of that." mum shouts back.

"Thank my fast metabolism." i shout back and close my room door.

*******

Hi everybody. Its the author.

You pronounce ANJA as
ARN-YA