🌻 Friendzone || Ralsei X Reader

"Ralsei, I like you!" You say, not really emphasizing if it was in a friendly way or romantically.

Ralsei's eyes sparkles from the sudden mislead confession. "Oh, I like you too Y/N!" He responds with a smile on his face.

You hear him speak his mutual feelings out loud. Your heart fluttered in hope and joy. "R-Really?" You ask to earn reassurance.

He nods happily. "Of course! I like all of my friends!"

Your heart cracks a bit.

"O-Oh.." Was all you could say in a down tune. Ralsei notices your reaction towards this.

"Oh no, did I upset you? I-I mean, not like, I m-mean.. like, I love all of my friends!" He tries to rephrase but that wasn't what you want to hear at all.

You try and accept the heart-breaking truth. "T-Thanks! That m-means a lot!" You stuttuer, trying not to show vulnerability too much. You heavily walk out of the room.

It was an early evening. Actually, you couldn't tell that much from the blacklight effects that was scattered all over the place, making it hard to read if it was day time or not. You lost your sense of time.

The four of you were in an unclaimed house as Susie would have concluded. There was not much inside but a bedroom, bathroom and a sink. Not that they would have to use the sink anytime soon.

You go out the balcony to see Kris hanging their feet from below the given floor. Feeling a bit comfortable with the fellow human you have at the moment, you dreadfully sit down beside them to mourn your rejection.

"Ralsei rejected me." You tell Kris. Kris remains silent so that you could continue. You look down to your hands placed on your lap. "This sucks, I got friendzoned.."

Kris didn't mutter a word just yet. Then, they face you and tell you that it's probably for the better in a tone of a question.

* You realise they're bad in comforting.

You sigh, your chest aching from the thought. Kris asks how it happened. "W-Well.. I told him that I like him so h-he said he l-liked me back but only as f-friends.." You sob, the moment replaying in your head.

Kris sits near you and pats your back. They tell you that your confession wasn't really clear. "Y-Yeah.. I guess it wasn't clear anyway.."

Kris advises you to show your affection. After all, actions did speak louder than words. You sniff, "Ah r-right, I guess that makes s-sense.. should I..?"

Kris gives you a thumbs-up as a signal to go for it. You felt a bit relieved. It wasn't the end of it. You rise from where you sat and wiped away some tears, feeling hope growing. "I s-see! I'll do it, thank you Kris!" You hug them as a way of showing thanks and run inside to plot your act.

'Let's see.' You lay out some gifts in your head that will properly portray your love for him. Sounds silly.

"Hm, he bakes sweet things so in conclusion, he must like sweet treats!" You conclude, thinking of a cupcake being nicely packed in a heart-formed cartoon. "That isn't enough though," You pause looking around if there was anything else to give for him that he would like.

But, all you saw were the endless alternate paths that covered the entire place, puzzles and the strangely coloured grass. You groan. "Argh! There's nothing else to offer.. sadly." Defeated you decide to go back to the house everyone was staying in.