( 15. ) Writing Smut ✓

Many believe you have to be experienced to write smut. You may be better if you were, or you might be worse. Truth is, you just have to know what you're talking about for all of it to come together.

LEARNING
I'm not going to sit here and tell you to go read a hundred pounds of smut or watch porn or something, but don't attempt to write smut with bare minimum knowledge. There's much more to it than "the pEnUs is iN tha VaGeNE".

Look up very sinful keywords and learn how to use them correctly. If health class didn't teach you about certain anatomy, don't be shy to look it up. Remember to clear your history, luv.

UNDERSTANDING
So now you know your anatomy and keywords and you want to put them together. Understand that sex = long process and steps that build up to the actual act. Steps such as; undressing, foreplay, sensual touching, and sexy words. You may even include dry humping or grinding, whatever you're into. Wattpad certainly doesn't judge.

UNDRESSING
Zippers, buttons— those things exist. Mentioning the slow process of undressing in smut builds up to the sexy sex part that happens next. Give detail, but don't make the whole undressing scene 1,000 words long. That's a bit much.

FOREPLAY
Basically just sexy talk and 'knee between the thighs' type of stuff. It makes the characters seem more desperate for the sex-to-come, perfect if you want to draw in readers to your very detailed smut scene.

AND FINALLY, THE ACT.
There are plenty of ways to go at it, so don't limit to basic prompt sex. Rough, fast, gentle, kinky, shameful, awful— no matter what, take advantage of the detail.

DON'T FORGET PILLOW TALK
This is the most awkward part of your smut, I'll be honest. It's basically just what your characters say after 'insert type' sex. So say if the sex you wrote was terrible, the character could say something like "Never again" or "What the actual shit was I thinking?".