4

N E W Y O R K11 ᴀᴍ

N E W Y O R K
11 ᴀᴍ

"Pack your bags, we're flying to Cali." Jimin sternly made the decision, looking at Sora's widened eyes.

"We're not going anywhere." She grabbed his arm, siting him on the couch as he sighed.

"Sora, listen to me—if we spend winter break together, I'll be sleeping on the couch every other night." Jimin tried to explain. "Come on, don't you understand?"

"Running away from our problems doesn't solve anything Jimin." Sora pressed the back of her hand to her forehead, feeling a headache starting to arrive.

"It'll be good for us." He bargained. "We never see people anymore. It's time to explore the world and see something other than shitty Brooklyn."

"He just invited you, just like that?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Yeah, I was honestly surprised as well, but he wouldn't take no for an answer." Jimin shrugged his shoulders. "He's my best friend—I haven't seen him in years."

"So I'm supposed to be a third wheel, while you and your friend hang out and recall old memories?" Sora air quoted.

"I was getting to that part." Jimin smiled, holding onto both her shoulders. "He's married, and I think his wife is your age."

"Really?" Sora shifted from one foot to another, starting to actually not find the idea to be that revolting.

"She's like you, except with two kids." Jimin raised a brow.

She took a stack of papers and hit his chest. "It's not time for pregnancy jokes."

"Too soon?" He pursed his lips together.

"Yeah." She whispered, nodding her head.

Sora turned back to the kitchen, forgetting the eggs she left out on the table. "So—um, when are we going?" She asked, taking a sip of water.

"Tonight."

Sora viscously coughed, leaning over the sink to spit the water out. Jimin scrunched his nose as she faced him. "Did you say tonight?"