Chapter : 17

Kyle's POV :
I immediately took Zune to the palace hospital. She was in worst condition with lots of wounds and scars. Her body was very thin, lean and weak.

After several hours of inspection on her, doctor found out that she had lots of minor fractures, internal bleedings and also she had deep injury on her head.

Though her lots of wound healed, they left many scars on her body. We could say she went through a lot of suffering in these months.

I wondered how cruel this Lexa could be. I would never forgive her for hurting Zune.

My heart totally broke, seeing her condition. After few moments Ashley came running by. She went to Zune and began to cry.

She came to me and said crying " K-Kyle, What happened to her? S-She is in her worst condition. Who did this to her??"

I hugged her. " Lexa is responsible for all this." I said with anger.

She let go off me and wiped her tears. " She should pay for this. I'm never gonna forgive her. Kyle, you should make her suffer." She said in anger.

" She is now in prison but we will not do anything to her right now. Zune is victim so she will decide what to do with her." I said consoling her.

She looked at me with hope and then went near the bed where Zune was lying unconscious.

One full day passed but Zune didn't open her eyes. All of us were worried. I went to doctor and asked about her condition.

Doctor took a look at her medical results and asked me to take a seat. Then after slight look at reports, he concluded that she went to coma due to serious injury on her head.

I was shocked and felt like my whole life fell apart. I said " Doctor, when she will wake up from coma??" standing up from chair.

" I can't say prince Kyle. It may take few weeks to months to even years. It depends on how her body will react to the medicines. For now all we can do is wait with patience."

I looked down with dissapointment. "I wish if I could rescue her in time then this would not happen." I said in sadness.

" Its difficult to see her in this condition for everyone but Prince, theres one thing. She can't speak, open her eyes and even move but she can hear to what we say as her half of the brain is still active."

" Thank you doctor for the help. Please inform me if theres anything about her." I said to the doctor.

" Don't thank me Prince, Its my duty and Zune was a sweet girl. Everyone was quite fond of her. She won everyone's heart in few months with her goodness. She will be fine."

I gave a fake smile to doctor and went towards Zune. Ashley was watching at Zune's face and holding her hand.

" Kyle, Did you speak to doctor? What did he say about her? Why isn't she waking up?" Ashley asked me seeing at Zune's face.

" Doctor said, Zune went to coma dye to deep injury on her head and she will take some time to recover. She can't speak, move or open her eyes but she can hear us." I explained to her.

She just listened to me and remained quiet. She always acted like this when she felt very sad.

" Ashley, you can return to palace and take some rest. I will be here with Zune." I said from behind after sometime.

Ashley nodded her head and said " No, I will not leave her."

" Don't say that Ashley, you are here for so long. You seemed so tired and I'm sure Zune will not like this." I said raising her chin.

" Ok, I will go but take good care of her or I will beat the crap out of you and you will be lying in next bed beside her." She said pointing index finger to me.

" That's my sister" I said wiped her tears. She walked out of room after looking at Zune for last time.

I sat beside her bed. I held her hand and said " I know Zune, you are hearing me. Please recover fast and wake up. I'm sorry I couldn't rescue you in time. Everyone here are worried for you. Please wake up."

I was there sitting worried and after few moments someone called me. It was Eden and he was not alone.

" Eden if I'm not wrong, this is Kiara Lexa's sister, Isn't she? " I said looking at them.

Eden nodded his head nad said " Yes you're right. You asked me to rescue her so I brought her here to meet you and she also wanted to see Zune."

I said " I'm thankful to you Kiara for informing but what were you doing in these months. Why you didn't tell me before." I snipped at her.

She started to cry and explained " Zune is my bestfriend and I never wanted this for her. Father always hated me after Lexa was born due to stepmother. My mother and I lived seperately out of Palace."

" One day my mother felt ill and I found out that she had stomach cancer. I didn't have enough money for her medication so unwantedly I had to request father for money."

" He refused and I went to meet Lexa. Lexa was selfish so she agreed to help me giving a condition. She asked me to be incharge of prison in palace. I didn't think it was a big deal and accepted."

"But after seeing Zune in that condition, I knew why Lexa agreed to help me and kept me incharge. She hated me and Zune so she made these arrangements. I was never allowed to leave palace and I had to hear Zune's screaming which was more than torture for me."

" She threatened me saying if you try to say this to anyone, your mother will be killed. At very first day of meeting, Zune said that she would accept torture for saving my mother's life. I was so guilty for that. So I finally made attempt to double cross Lexa and called you whenever I got oppurtunity."

Finishing her words she burst out in tears and fell to the ground. Eden got hold of her.

" Eden, find her mother and start her medication immediately in this hospital. Also keep Kiara at yours for safety. She double crossed Sinisters so they might be after her." I said to Eden.

Kiara ran to Zune and held her hand crying " I'm sorry Zune, I'm really very sorry. I couldn't help you in time."

Saying this she was about to faint but Eden ran to her and held her. I looked at Eden and said " Go take her and ask her to rest. Take care if her."

Eden carried her and walked away.

( The days passed to weeks and weeks passed to month. Kyle used to visit Zune daily. Ashley, Kiara and others also visited her. Zune started to recover but still she didn't wake up. In this period of time Lexa and her father were locked up while Sinisters were seeking for oppurtunity to free their King and Princess.Kiara was living with Eden and her mother was also under medication in same hospital. Kyle's Love for Zune deepened day by day and he went to worst condition. He started to become furious and behaved rudely. He changed from gentle, caring Kyle to cold hearted Kyle.)