Black Veils

*LACEY*

A week has gone by since Bill passed, and none of us were looking forward to today, his funeral. My parents had flown in from some town in England yesterday and were leaving tomorrow, they wanted to stay longer but mom boss wouldn't give her the time off. It was great seeing them, I just wish it wasn't to go to a close friends funeral.

I straighten my dress as I look in the mirror, I was wearing black tights, black ballerina flats, and a black dress that went to my knees. I hated funerals. I always have, I hate the idea of people gathering together because of a dead person. I know it's to remember them, but I never liked it.

Jonas walks back into my room trying to get his tie to function but it wasn't. He had on a white button up that was that had all the buttons closed, black slacks and black shoes. His collar was up as he messed with his tie.

After a few more minutes of struggling he gives up and throws the tie on the ground.

I furrow my eyebrows at him as his sits in my bed and buried his head in his hands. He had been so stressed and angry since his father died. And I knew that he was having a hard time coping and accepting it.

I walk over to him and place a kiss on the top of his head, before resting my cheek there. I start rubbing his back soothingly, trying my hardest to calm him down. He takes a deep breath and lifts his head to look at me. His eyes were tired and I could tell he was wore out. His scruff was back and he didn't show any emotion. I put my hands on his shoulders as he rubs my legs up and down. He closes his eyes and rests his forehead on my stomach and wraps his arms around me.

"I'm not ready to say goodbye to him yet lulu" he whispers.

"I know baby, I know it's hard. And I'm so sorry"

"Can you promise me something?" He asks removing his head and looking up at me.

"Anything"

"Promise me you won't leave my side, I don't know how I'm going to get through today without you"

I move my hands to his cheeks.

"I promise" I reply leaning down and kissing the top of his head again.

He lets out a deep breath before standing again and picking up his tie.

"Here let me" I say grabbing it from his hands.

"Thank you" he whispers

I wrap the tie around his neck and start tying it. His eyes never leave my face as I do. His hands find my hips and he absentmindedly rubs circles on them. Once I'm done with his tie, I put his collar down and my hands land on his shoulders.

"There, you look handsome"

A small smile forms on his lips, but I could tell it was forced, he hadn't smiled since his dad died.

"You look beautiful"

My face heats up and he moves his hands to my cheeks, cupping my face.

"I love you lulu"

"I know, I love you too"

He leans down and places a chaste, sweet kiss on my lips before wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling me closer to him in a hug. I wrap my arms around his torso and lay my head on his chest and listen to his unsteady heartbeat.

We slowly pull away when there's a knock on my bedroom door.

"Guys it's time to go" Wendy says from outside.

"We'll be there in a second ma" Jonas says.

"Are you ready?" I ask in a quiet voice.

He shakes his head.