IV

Rolling out of bed I notice he's not here and I do suddenly feel that pang of sadness. Why am I doing this to myself? I love Eric and I want to fix this shit storm we're in. But does he? My subconscious rears her ugly head. He went out to meet with Aurora the woman he says is his first love. The woman is like some sort of goddess she glides instead of walks. The woman sings instead of speak. I'm most certain she glistens instead of sweats.

Dropping my toothbrush in the canister I put on my running gear. Reply to a couple texts to Jordan and head out to the living room. Eric in a pair of sweats and no shirt looking unbelievably sexy meets me there. I know I'm staring but I simply can't stop looking. I didn't really get to admire the last time he let me touch.

Letting out a breath he smiles, "Going for a run?"

"I was actually. Do you want to run together?"

"After you," he says holding the door open.

Running along side each other we're silent. Every now and then he falls behind and then catches up again. He looks at me checking out my little breast. Then he falls behind no doubt enjoying the view. I run even faster and he chuckles playing catch up. Reaching me he grabs me from behind and I bump my butt against his front before running off again.

He shouts from behind me, "Tease!"

Giggling to myself in the lead I find myself in a bind. I miss him though, I really miss us. I'm so angry all the time and I can't even be around the people who love me because I don't want them to hate him. He's the love of my life and I know that but I just can't seem to ignore any of this. I really want to ignore all of this.

Getting back to the house he hands me a bottle of water and take a sip of his own. "I'll make us some breakfast and we're going to eat together. And I'd like to offer a proposal."

I smile, "Okay."

"Go on go shower and we'll meet back here in the kitchen after." I agree lingering just a bit to admire him drinking water with his sweaty body and that toned arm.

Going up to shower and rinse the morning's sweat out my hair I throw on an oversized t shirt that used to belong to my dad and start for the kitchen. Eric places a plate on the table pulling my chair out for me. He pulls the chair out for himself and makes small talk as we eat.

"So your proposition?" I ask the moment the kitchen is silent.

He chuckles, "Not feeling the small talk. Well aright fine." He wipes his mouth a napkin then pour myself a drink and himself. "I propose that for 30 days you and I mend our relationship. We go spend our honeymoon trip I a already planned and we reconnect away from here."

"Our honeymoon?"

He holds up his finger, "Here's the catch, we are not allowed to have sex at all for these 30 days."

I laugh, shortly after detecting his expression I bite down on my lip, "Are you serious?"

If there's one thing I know about Eric is he loves sex, and so do I. We are not going to last 30 days at some beautiful place doing romance like things and it not lead to sex.

"I want you loving me not just loving on my body." And at his corny joke I find myself laughing all over again. "So?" He says.

"I'm in, I don't think you'll last long at all but I'm willing to give this a try."

He takes my hand leaving a kiss on my knuckles, "That's all I needed to hear."

****

Getting to her office I tug on my skirt and cross my legs before opting to adjust the way I did my hair. After tying it up she walks in, pale skin and dark hair with her high heels hitting the floor. She smiles as she glances at me.