Part 20

Unedited.

Third person POV

The clock barely hit 7:00 pm when people started swarming in the hotel, elegantly dressed to the awaited event of the year as reporters like to put it. They wanted to fit the standards of their hosts.

Children of all ages were escorted to join the Argyros' in the games and theatre floor that was well secured with bodyguards, and even though the reason children were invited along with their parents was in order for the Argyros siblings to socialise and learn how to interact with others instead of only being in their tight circle where no strangers are allowed to come in, the youngsters couldn't bring themselves to break that habit. They -both the Second House's kids and Egan and his siblings- were gathered together in a corner of the games room, creating their own little circle away from the others.

Despite them being a bunch of kids, the oldest being of 9 years old, they still look as intimidating as their parents. They appeared untouchable with the finest of suits, and a stone cold attitude to outsiders. Especially Egan, Jacob, and Eden, it was obvious they would grow to be heartbreakers. Even with the last two being orphans, it seems they don't feel like that, they're acting as if it was their family they're living with.

A little girl approached them, her pig tails bouncing up and down adapting to her bright and cheerful personality. She seemed to be 6 years old. "Wanna play with me?" She asked Egan who in return looked at her as if she's out of her mind. Wasn't it obvious that they wanted no contact with others.

"No, go find somebody else." He told her.

Her cute grey eyes glistened with new formed tears. "B- but I wanna p- play with you." She sobbed quietly.

Egan was alarmed when he saw her tears, and went to her side before he started comforting her. "Hey, it's okay, I was just joking. We'll all be playing with you." He said looking frantically at his friends, silently asking them for help. Eden was dumbfounded, he still wondered how was it possible for a young boy as rich as his friend to be so softhearted. He thought all rich kids were brats, neither they nor their parents ever showed them any mercy when they were in the streets. They started acknowledging them only when Egan and his parents found them, took them in, announced to the whole world that they are part of their family now, and provided them with the world's best care, without expecting anything in return. Those two-faced hypocrites wanted to have a good relationship with the Argyros' even if it meant they have to deal with the dirt poor orphans.

Not even their real parents would be meaning anything next to their current parents, their saviours. They may be young, but they knew how to be grateful. They knew how to show gratitude and recognition to those who helped them when everyone else turned their backs on them.

"Sure, little girl. We'll be glad to play with you." Jacob said smiling while patting her head gently.

Her face instantly lit up when she heard that, and took each of Egan and Jacob's hands in hers before dragging them to one of the princess games. The boys followed her lead even though they weren't fans of princess games, but they knew how to play them thanks to their baby sisters.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Zelda and Tyrone were having a conversation with some of the guests when Zelda's phone rung, and she excused herself to take it.

"Hey, cos! Where are you?" Zelda answered the call when she was in the lobby.

"We're trapped in the traffic, but we'll be coming soon." He replied.

"Okay then, I'll be waiting for you." She said before hanging up.

A tiny pair of hands tugged at her dress, asking for her attention. She hunched to meet the little girl's height. "What's wrong, Daisy?" Zelda asked worriedly while caressing the toddler's cheek.