《7》

Dedicated to my dearest friend, Shiney😘😘🤗🤗

IN THE MORNING-

KARTIK'S POV

"Two more rounds to go", I murmured to my self, gasping for breath.

I took a deep breath and started running round the pathway of the park, the workout music blasting in my ears.

I finally completed my last two rounds and after drinking some water, jogged towards home.

The guards opened the gate for me and I jogged towards the front door. On reaching the door, I stopped and bent to hold my knees, which were now shaking because of the continuos workout, while I gasped for breath. I stood up and turned the door knob.

I entered the living room to find Naira feeding breakfast to Ahana. Ahana's face began to glow as soon as she saw me.

"Good morning daddy", Ahana wished me.

"Good morning baby", I said walking towards her and placing a peck on her forehead.

I picked up a towel and started wiping  the sweat off my face.

"Where are Sahil and Aatish?", I asked Naira.

Naira turned towards me.

"Aatish is in his room completing his science model. He has his science exhibition day after tomorrow. Sahil is watching him complete it and offering him a helping hand for it", Naira said stuffing the last bite of paratha in Ahana's mouth.

I nodded.

My eyes caught the sight of Siya. She was texting something on her phone, sitting on the couch. Her lips we curled up in a smile and she was totally engrossed.

"Siya", I called her, walking towards her.

But she was too engrossed to listen.

"Siya", I called out once again but louder this time.

She raised her head sharply to look at me. As soon as she saw me, her lips parted in distress and she had an unknown fear of something. Her hold on her phone became tighter.

"Y-Yes dad", she stuttered.

"Whom are you texting?", I asked waiting for a reply.

"A friend of mine", Siya replied trying to be casual. She was playing with her fingers and she blinked her eyes twice,voluntarily.

Something was wrong. Definitely.

"Doesn't your friend have a name?", I asked with arms crossed across my chest, narrowing my eyes a little.

"Um - Yeah he....I mean she has a name. Ofcourse she would have one. Her name is Tia. She is a newbie and I was just extending my friendship to her...you know", Siya said shrugging her shoulders.

"Are you sure?", I asked still doubtful.

"Ofcourse I am", she said smiling sheepishly.

I nodded.

My phone began to ring. I took it out from my pocket to see Nidhi's caller ID. I picked up the call.

"Yes Nidhi", I said walking towards the fridge.

"Baby....can you please come to my place for selecting the rings...I can't choose anything....I'm..I'm confused", she sounded confused and frustrated.

"Okay I'll be there but first I need to go to office to sign some papers. I'll come to you after I finish the work there. Will that be okay?", I asked grabbing some organic juice and pouring it into Ahana's glass.