15: Best Player

Neither Maddie or Jay knew how long they had kissed for; to them it felt like forever, but in reality it was only around minute. With reluctance, Jay was the one to pull away, a slight smirk on his lips.

"Does this mean I can call you beautiful without you punching me?" he asked. Maddie rolled her eyes.

"That's really the first thing you have to say after kissing me?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow and laughing a bit. He laughed as well and ran his hand across her hair.

"Just asking a question, Red." He shrugged.

"Fine, well it depends on where and who is around us." She responded. "But punching you is funny so I might just do it anyway."

"Well there's no one around us now so..." Jay smirked and ran his hand across Maddie's cheek. "You're beautiful." She felt her cheeks heat up a little bit and she couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips. "I've wanted to tell you that since I met you."

"Well that was pretty quick then." Maddie chuckled.

"What was?"

"You. It was quick for Mr Tall, Dark and Handsome VK to fall for a princess." Maddie smiled softly. Jay smiled, but then suddenly frowned.

"No." He shook his head. Maddie furrowed her eyebrows.

"No?" She questioned.

"I didn't fall for a princess." He cupped her cheek with his hand and looked her in the eyes. "Don't label yourself, Red. I fell for Madison DunBroch, the beautiful, fiery redhead who isn't afraid to stand up for herself and what she believes in. Who isn't afraid to get a little rough and tough, who isn't going to let herself be controlled by anyone. You're not just a 'princess', Mads. You're so much more to me." He said seriously, but gently at the same time. Maddie was taken aback by his words and stayed in a moment of shock.

"W-where did all that come from?" She asked a bit awkwardly.

"The truth." Jay shrugged. "If you don't like it then-"

"Shut up idiot." Maddie cut him off, kissing him. "I wouldn't kiss you if I didn't like you." Jay smiled, but it soon transitioned into a smirk.

"Well I mean," he leaned back in the chair he was sat in. "How can you not be attracted to this?" He gestured to himself. Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Well when you act like a fuckboy it's debatable." She replied.

"Oi," Jay mimicked her accent. "I'm not a-"

"Oi, don't mimic me." Maddie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oi don't mimic me." Jay said in a high pitched voice, putting on a terrible Scottish accent and then laughing. Maddie stood up and shoved him with her in-tact arm.

"Stop it." She tried to hold back her laughter.

"Stop it." Jay mimicked her again. Maddie huffed and shoved him again, but because she could only use on arm, she lost her balance and tumbled forward. She braced herself to hit the floor but felt an arm pull her up. Jay wrapped both of his arms wrapped around her as he pulled her onto his lap. "I'd rather you didn't fall onto the floor for the second time today, Red." He said, pressing his lips to her cheek. "Seeing you hurt once was bad enough."

"Yeah well at least that time I wouldn't have been pushed." Maddie murmured.

"Oh I know. Chad already got a punch for it." Jay shrugged, and Maddie raised her eyebrows and stifled a snigger.

"He'll be getting another when I see his smug face." She muttered.

"No he won't." Jay said.

"Uh, yeah he will." Maddie scoffed. "I'm not letting him treat me like shit."