Chapter 1

Beep Beep Beep Beep Be…

Selene sighed as she placed her cellphone back on her nightstand. She slowly sat up covering her eyes from the light coming through the window. She sighed again.

“Selene!” she heard Gia’s voice come from outside her door “are you up?”

“Yeah” she answered groggily.

Good” Gia entered “because I need to tell you something important”

 “What is it” Selene said bringing her legs to her chest and resting her head on her knees.

“Some Cameron just called” Gia started

“And?”

“He said there is a meeting starting and that it was important for us to be there as well”

Selene’s head shot up. “Important for us to be there?” she repeated.

Gia nodded.

Selene frowned. It had been a long time since they’ve been to a meeting. Even if they were part of the Red Moon pack they were not close to them either. Not since that terrible accident in which both Selene’s parents and Gia’s mother died when they were only seven. Not having anywhere to go Selene lived with Gia and her dad in a small cabin not far away from the pack house. At the age of 15, Gia’s father passed away of cancer. Finding themselves with no one, but each other, Gia and Selene lived in seclusion, not having any contact with their pack. Until today.

“Who’s Cameron?” Selene asked.

“Apparently, he is the new Beta of the pack,” Gia explained “there is also a new alpha, Nicolai”

“Did he say what this meeting was about?”

“No” Gia said shaking her head “only that it was important for us to be there”

Selene groaned, the last thing she wanted to do was go to a ridiculous meeting. She hoped that it would be worth her time.

“Come on, hurry, the sooner we go to that meeting the faster we’ll get out of there” Gia said walking out of Selene’s room.

Selene dropped her head back on her knees. “Damn”.

* * * * * *

“Are you ready to go?” Selene asked as she came into the kitchen. She had taken a quick shower, and changed into a sleeveless green shirt and loose jeans.

“Yep” Gia answered walking towards her and handing her a glass of orange juice. Gia’s selection of clothes had also been simple, a loose white shirt tucked into her favorite skinny jeans.

As soon as they had finished their glass they ran outside and hopped on into their red Ford.

* * * * * *