Chapter 15

After I came back from the bathhouse, on the next day I started feeling sick.

In the morning I did my usual routine: wake up, brush teeth, dress up and go eat breakfast, but I felt my head spinning a bit. My husbands noticed that I looked paler, and asked me if I felt okay. I unintentionally lied to them that I felt okay.

Since I already had set up a pharmacy, I also got myself pills that I would need. I drank one pill from a headache.

Then during lunch, I lost my appetite and my temperature was rising, so I took a pill to lower my temperature. Then I started coughing and I took coughing syrup. I still felt sick so my maid offered that I should stay in bed.

I stayed in bed, then I felt sleepy and decided to take a nap.

When I woke up I felt a wet towel on my forehead and four voices talking and one of them I do not recognize. I felt that my temperature had risen and I was feeling sicker.

"When did she start feeling sick?" Doctor asked my husbands.

"We think that she was feeling sick in the morning," Alexander answered. I heard the doctor scribbling something in his notebook.

"Did she vomit or had diarrhea?" He asked. It's a weird question to ask, but on the other hand what if I did have.

"No, she didn't vomit nor had diarrhea." Elaine, my maid answered.

"Weird, the other ladies who were with her in the bathhouse either had vomited or suffered the worst case of diarrhea, but your wife only got away with a fever." This means the bathhouse got infections and the bathhouse needed to be closed.

"Here is a prescription for the fever and her cough. If her condition continues to worsen, please contact me." The doctor continued telling my husbands the instructions.

I continued to pretend that I was asleep in hopes that they would leave me alone. For me, it feels a bit weird that they are taking care of like a real husband would do. When I was sick I always depended on my parents to care for me, but when I ran away, I was so depressed when I was sick. Luckily, my friends would be there for me. Now I feel like I have some kind of family to depend on.

Soon my husbands asked Elaine to bring medicine into the room. They have some of the medicine that I need. Furthermore, I'm skeptical about Ravendalian medicine. Since I'm used to Etrian and trust Etrian medicine.

Then Alexander left the room with a doctor. A little later Elaine returned with the medicine and Nathaniel dismissed her, leaving me and him alone in the room.

He sat on the bed and took the cloth off my forehead and before squeezing the cloth, he submerged the towel in a bucket of water and put it on my forehead. The feeling of a wet cold towel made me feel better.

"Pretending to sleep?" Nathaniel asked me, but I continued to pretend that I was sleeping.

"I know you're not asleep by your breathing pattern."Nathaniel gently smiled at me. Then I sighed and opened my eyes.

"How do you feel?" Nathaniel asked me.

"Fine." Nathaniel chuckled at my answer.

"You told us that you are fine in the morning, but you ended up lying here with a fever. You should drink medicine." Nathaniel reached for the bottle.

"No, I don't believe that this medicine will work without any side effects," I told him. He looked at me for a moment then he unscrewed the bottle and drank it. When I realized what he was going to do, it was too late.

He quickly reached for my chin and then for my hand in case I wanted to push him off. He kissed me so he could transfer medicinal liquid into my mouth. I felt surprised by his gentle kiss, so I couldn't close my mouth entirely. Then he held my chin upwards, so he would know if I swallowed this medicine.

He is an expert at kissing, even though it was only a peck. I don't know why I'm thinking about how good he is at kissing.

I had no choice but to swallow the bitter-tasting medicine.

"You realized that by kissing me, you could get sick?" I asked him. Nathaniel only chuckled; he thought that I would be angry at him.

"Shifters have a stronger immune system than human or magic users. Furthermore, we must make sure our wife is healthy." He said and I sighed and lied on the opposite side from Nathaniel.

For the whole evening, Nathaniel kept me company. I can't say that I mind them taking care of me, but will I get used to it?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Heya I came back with the new chapter!

How do you like the kissing scene between  Annabelle and Nathaniel?