⠀⠀𝟭𝟲. ❛ GOD'S GONNA CUT YOU DOWN ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒈𝒐𝒅'𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒈𝒐𝒅'𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ❜

chapter no. 016!

❝ THE CONNECTIONS

❝ THE CONNECTIONS. ❞
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     LIAR, A WORD USED TO DESCRIBE SOMEONE WHO TELLS LIES; A WORD USED TO DESCRIBE SOMEONE WHO INTENTIONALLY DECEIVES ANOTHER. Lies serve one of three functions: to be instrumental, interpersonal, or psychological. In the case of Joseph Arthur, his lies served as interpersonal moves of manipulation. It was as if he were playing chess: the more lies he told, the closer he got to checkmating the Queen. He'd lied more than both of his associates did combine, which was something I wasn't expecting. I was anticipating him to solely play mind games with the FBI, but he did just the opposite. He cooperated. He opened his mouth wider than anyone else had—wider than I had.

     Pushing through the interrogation door, I stormed out, hot with anger. Before I had entered that room, I was filled with an escapable fear, but now, as I exited, I was prepared to dropkick someone.

     "What's wrong?" Spencer asked before anyone else had an opportunity to, his brows scrunched together as he made his way to my side.

     Noticing how close he'd gotten, I stepped away, shaking my head, and sighed. "He's a lying douchebag. That's what's wrong." I snapped, running a hand through my hair. This was the most emotion I'd displayed in front of any of them, aside from the good doctor. However, I'd rather them see me angry than vulnerable.

     "What'd he lie about?" Morgan asked, crossing his arms.

     My eyes flashed to his before I glanced away. "Arthur never needed my father, he needs me," I explained bluntly as I tried to compose myself.