Vikklan- Fall

Vikk's P.O.V.

I pulled my headphones off and placed them around my neck, frowning. I had thought I had heard a scream and crash but as nothing else was heard I put them back on and continued editing my video for the next day. I couldn't have been anything important as Lachlan and I were the only ones home and he was asleep in bed in the room next door.

Again I thought I heard another noise, a low moan of pain that was so quiet that I could barely hear it, so I stood up and went to investigate. First I checked on Lachlan who had been asleep next door but his bed was empty and then I started to get worried.

The covers were pulled back messily so I turned and went back to my room, then onto the stairs. As I stood at the top of the stairs I stopped, and then screamed.

I scrambled down the stairs and crouched beside Lachlan, where he was sprawled at the bottom of the stairs with his eyes partly open. At first I thought he was dead, I could only see the whites of his eyes through his cracked open eyelids and his chest didn't seem to move but after a few seconds I was reassured that he was alive.

His chest rose and fell slowly and painful and at first I was frozen in panic but as he let out another low groan of pain I sprung into action. I sprinted up the stairs to grab my phone as I didn't have it on me and rung 999, almost falling down the stairs myself in my rush to get back to Lachlan's side.

My hand landed in something warm and wet and I lifted my hands, seeing them stained red with blood. There was blood pouring from his lower right arm and I saw the bone sticking through his skin.

"999 what's your emergency? Do you need police, fire or EMT?"

"EMT! EMT!" I gasped out, taking another look over Lachlan's still body again. He was lying on his side, his legs on the stairs and the rest of his body sprawled on the floor and several of his limbs seemed to be bent in the wrong direction.

His left leg below the knee was completely broken, twisting around in the wrong direction. His right arm was broken in multiple places, his wrist, elbow and his shoulder looked dislocated too and one of the bones had broken through the skin because he was bleeding profusely.

"EMT, how may I help you?"

"My friend's fallen down the stairs, he's unconscious and there's broken bones. There's a lot of blood, the bone's broken through the skin."

"Okay honey I need you to stay calm." The lady on the other end of the phone was obvious an older lady and her voice was comforting. She reminded me of my grandmother. "I'll get an ambulance there right away, how much blood is there?"

"A lot, it's staining the carpet."

"Okay where is the bone stick through? You might need to tie a tourniquet."

"Um... lower right arm."

"Okay you need a thin strip of fabric and tie it as tightly as possible above the wound. This'll cut off the blood flow." I did as she asked, tearing a strip from my t-shirt and tying it tightly. Although the bleeding didn't stop it did slow down a lot and I slowly relaxed, even though he had groaned loudly in pain when I tied it tightly.

"It's- it's stopping I think."

"Good, that's good. Is he still unconscious?"

"Yeah... he's partly awake but not responsive. Should I move him? He's lying really awkwardly on the stairs and he could tip off if he starts moving."

"That's not a good idea honey, it could injure him further. Just wait for the EMT's to get there, they'll sort him out."

My head perked up when I heard the sound of sirens outside the house and I hung up the 999 call when the EMT's entered the house and came over to me and Lachlan.