25 | Jumping To Conclusions II

The answer to Cam's question was no. The pain and anger that Michael had been holding in against his father wasn't worth losing Semaj. But it just became hard to know what to do next, how to right his wrong. After the way he treated her Michael wouldn't be surprised if Semaj never wanted to speak with him ever again.

He had tried calling Lina numerous times and at one point it rung, but now all it did was go straight to voicemail. Frustrated Michael tossed his phone to the passenger seat of his car as he sat in the driveway of his place, thinking about what he needed to do.

Finally he backed out from his place and drove to Semaj's house. Simone and his little sister Janet were outside playing around, but when his car rounded the corner they stopped whatever they were doing and ran across the street. Simone had a smile on her face, but Janet copped an attitude the minute Michael got out of the car.

"What are you doing here?"

He cocked an eyebrow at his sassy little sister before looking at Simone. "Hey 'Mone. Can you go and get 'Maj for me?"

"Sorry Mike. You just missed her."

"Mhm."

He ignored Janet's cosign, and kept his eyes on Simone. "Did she go to Lina's?"

"Yeah, but my aunt and 'em are going out of town to visit my uncles' side of the family in the morning. I think Majie is going to go with them. She'll back in a couples days though."

Michael sighed and nodded his head, pissed at himself for sitting around for so long. Had he decided an hour earlier then he would've caught Semaj and talked to her before she left, but now he was going to have to make it through the rest of the week and the weekend before he would even be able to try.

"So now you have almost a week to sit on what you were going to say and not sound stupid, stupid."Janet said, folding her arms over her chest.

Michael glared at his younger sister, letting her know that he was more than annoyed with her at the moment, but Janet didn't care. Instead she just rolled her eyes and fanned him off. "But since you're here then can you take me home? Toya was supposed to come and get me hours ago."

"As long as you ain't finna talk my damn ear off," Michael mumbled, and opened his car door.

Janet didn't reply, but instead rounded the car to get in the passenger seat. "Bye 'Mone! I'll call you tonight!"

"Okay, bye. And bye Mike," Simone waved as Michael got in the car. She started to turn and head back toward the house but stopped. Turning back around she stopped Michael from closing the door and reached inside giving him a hug. "You're like the big brother I never had but you hurt Majie, but I forgive you as long as you make it right."

Michael smiled, but completely lost it before Simone could pull back and see him. Simone was just as innocent and forgiving as her older sister.

"If she call can you relay a message?" Michael asked and Simone nodded, "tell her I needa talk to her and that its important."

Simone nodded and then yelled a goodbye to Janet again after running across the street. Once she was safely inside Michael pulled out groaning loudly as Janet started to talk his ear off and trying to get the inside scoop of what had happened between him and Semaj. Eventually he turned the radio up so loud that she was just a mere whisper in the passenger seat. Janet reached forward and turned off the radio.

"Are you listening brother?"

"No."

"I'm trying to give you solid advice and information on the female species and you're not listening? Men."