The witness to the lie

***

***

I was laying down scrolling through my phone when my phone dinged indicating I have received a text. I went to my message box and opened the unknown identity I received the message from. The message said

'Hey Y/N. We need to talk.'

I was very confused. I quickly replied asking.

'Umm who are you?'

I patiently waited for a reply. After waiting for almost 10 minutes, I received a reply.

'I am your classmate. My name is Irene. I have some proof against the fact that you did not cheat on Jungkook.'

I was thrilled. Not only to know that there is proof that I did not cheat on Jungkook but also that there was actually someone 'FROM SCHOOL' that actually supported me and believed in me.

But I was still not confirmed if she was speaking the truth. So, I asked.

'Why should I believe you? I mean I don't have any proof.'

'Watch this you will understand everything. After your done call me'  She replied

One question kept playing in my mind. How does she know about all this? Oh, wait Jungkook told everyone and thus they hate me. Nevermind.
She then sent me a video. I opened the video and started watching it.
-
-
-
I was shocked after watching the video. The video showed a confession by Joon while talking to someone that he had photoshopped the picture of me and him getting intimate. And the someone who helped him was the one and only Lina. He also admitted that he did that because of an unknown reason. Lina wanted to get on with Jungkook. Thus, they made a plan to break us. Which undoubtedly became successful.

'But this does not calm my anger over Jungkook. Even if there was a picture but he could have at least tried to find out if it was actually true or not

Without warning, tears started to flow down my cheeks. I did not realise until I felt chills in my cheeks. I decided to call her and thank her.
I called her and in one call she picked up.

* I - IRENE // Y- Y/N *

I: Hello

Y: Hello and thank you very for much helping me. You are the only one who actually bothered to help me out. Thank you so much. It really means a lot.

I: Oh no no it's absolutely fine. I was just trying to clear out an unnecessary mess. I was actually bored so I was going through the school CCTV footages from the years earlier then I found this.

Y: But how are you allowed to go through school CCTV footage?

I: Oh my mom is the principal and I was playing on her laptop so yeah.....