Norman Bates

You yawn and try to peer through the darkness at your watch. You read what seems to be the time "12:09" but you can't be sure. Whatever the time may be you're still very tired driving along this empty road.

Finally you spot a motel up ahead and breathe a sigh of relief, finally you can get some sleep. The neon sign burns your tired eyes but the words "Vacancies" grabs your attention. You turn sharply into the motel car park and park up.

You slam your head on the steering wheel and relax. As you go to get out of your car you spot a young man coming towards you. You open your door and step out into the cold night air. "Hello welcome to Bates Motel, I'm guessing you're after a room?" You nod your head slightly and he leads the way into a small office at the end of the row of rooms. "So, why are you around these parts then, nobody comes along here to stay around these areas so.... Where you heading?" You respond simply "Business!" and go back to filling in the guest book that lay in front of you.

When you finish you look up at the man and he says "You're in room 1, right next door, my name is Norman and if you need anything then just come into here and I'll help you.... I'll get your bags for you!" He scurries out of the door and towards your car. Moments later he returns with your belongings, grabs a key off the wall and gestures for you to follow him.

You follow him as he unlocks your room door and places your stuff on the bed. He reaches the middle of the room and spins round to face you "This is it... You got.... You got your bathroom right here and.... And well..... That's about it really. A... Are you hungry?" You nod your head and he smiles "I could.... M.... Make you some sandwiches if you like.... I know it's not much but... That's only if you like, you know?" You consider it and respond by saying "Thank you for your kind of Norman but I think I might just take a shower and get some rest, I'll probably just get some food at the next town tomorrow."

He nods and leaves. When he shuts the door you get to work, you take off your clothes and source a towel from the wardrobe and head into the bathroom shutting the door behind you.

You are halfway through your shower when you think you hear your room door open. You ignore it and turn back to the water of the shower head.

All of a sudden you feel the curtain behind you move. You turn and see Norman wearing a grey wig and holding a knife. You scream and try to dodge his knife swing while not falling over but the shower floor is slippery and unforgiving. You slip and hit your head. Norman swings for the second time and it hits your chest. You feel yourself getting colder as you lie in the shower bleeding out.

Just before the world goes black for the final time you hear Norman scream "No mother, why?!" Coming from the bedroom followed by regretful sobs of a terrified young man.