Part 21

Unedited.

Third person POV

Zelda smirked when she heard her name being called, but didn't bother to turn around nor did she respond. She continued her way to the ballroom, unhindered.

He would see her when she wants him to see her, and now isn't the right time.

Was she an invitee, why would she be here if she wasn't. His head raced with unanswered questions. Maybe after all those years he would finally have the chance to fix his past mistakes, there was never a day where he didn't regret what he did to her.

He wished he wasn't too late. Little did he know that 'too late' was an understatement when describing how late he is.

Zelda made her way to Tyrone who got there before her, he immediately put his hand around her waist, and kissed her temple before whispering. "When will Deren be arriving?" Since he was the guest of honour they couldn't start the party without him being there.

"He called saying he was trapped in the traffic jam, but he wasn't far away." She responded, leaning in his embrace.

"Who was that?" He asked the question that was bothering him the most.

"Who?" She looked up at him.

"The one you were talking to in the lobby."

"I wasn't talking to anyone." She replied, suppressing a smirk when she remembered the semi-encounter.

Tyrone just nodded his head despite not being convinced with her answer, but he thought that their home, in the privacy of their room is where these kinds of topics should be discussed.

"Hey, guys!" Deren's voice caught their attention. "Sorry for the tardiness." He added approaching Zelda to hug her, thinking her overly delighted facial expression was for him. However she walked passed him, leaving him hanging his open arms in the air, and went directly to those behind him.

"My, my, look how big you two got, are you sure you're my cupcakes?" She questioned playfully while playing with their cheeks, making them groan.

"Auntie, stop doing that we're no longer 9 years old." Complained Lina.

"Yeah, you're ruining my image, auntie Z." Agreed Jasper.

Zelda rolled her eyes at their obvious reaction. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. You'll still be my cute chubby cupcakes even when you're 100 years old." She said. "Now where's my other little one?" She asked, not giving them the chance to retort.

"She stayed with mom back home." Jasper answered.

Then she turned towards Deren who still have his hands up in the air with a dumbfounded expression on his face. "What?" She asked.

"Really, that's just pure discrimination. I was the one who dragged them all the way from Italy to surprise you, and this is what I get in return. Being treated like a third wheel?" He pouted slightly, making Zelda chuckle slightly.

She walked towards him, kissed both his cheeks, and hugged him. "Oh, come on, you should've seen it coming. You know it's been ages since I last saw them." She said.