Elanore Miriam Enchantress

Long ago, there were the four founders of Hogwarts. Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, and Salazar Slytherin. During the founding of the school, Rowena trusted her right hand Macbeth Enchantress in writing the books to be taught. Salazar wanted dark magic in the books. When Macbeth refused...Salazar cursed his family to only produce daughters in hope of ending the mighty name 'Enchantress'. Macbeth and his wife had three daughters, when it came time for marriage Rowena set a law for whoever marries in the family they must take on that name. The mighty Enchantress name would continue for years to come. This story shall begin with the tale of the last one alive...

Elanore walks behind the coffins of her mother, father, and baby sister. Not only had she lost her immediate family but, her aunt was killed in the counter curse attempt. She kept her eyes casted down watching as the coffins are lowered into their graves. Next to her was her closest friend Newt Scamander. They had been friends since when they first met on the Hogwarts express. A tear slips down her cheek as she tries to hide her emotions behind the black veil she wore. Newt reaches over taking her hand, giving a firm squeeze. She looks to him with a small smile before looking back down.

After services, Elanore went to her room removing the veil as she sat on her bed. She tosses the veil to the side as she fiddled with the skirt to her black dress looking to the portrait of her family. She clenches her jaw and squeezes her eyes shut as tears come down her cheeks. A few knocks come to the door before opening showing Newt. "Pippet..." he calls her. It was no secret that Elanore despised her name. Newt, preferring Newt rather than Newton, gave her the nickname Pippet as a pet name of sorts for her. She looks up at him.

"I thought you left already..." she looks down quickly wiping her tears.

"Like I would leave you like this," he walks over sitting down by her. She smiles some keeping her gaze down. "I'm sorry about your family." Elanore looks at him.

"Thanks...I'll be alright Newt. Just, I knew meddling with curse matters was a stupid idea. Look what it did not only killed them...but Lucille," she looks to the photo of her with her late two year old sister. Elanore couldn't hold the tears that started pouring from her eyes. Newt wraps his arm around her and hugs her. She leans onto him as tears cascade to his shoulder. He holds her close rubbing her arm. The two had a strong bond being friends for so long but also sharing some passions they had. He looks to her as she sniffs back remaining tears and looks up at him. "Sorry...I didn't mean to be an emotional wreck," she laughs softly.

"It's fine Pippet...you needed to let it out." he gives her one last squeeze before the two pull apart. "Just think of the future. We're going into our last year of Hogwarts then we can look ahead..." he stands pulling out his wand. She sighs rolling his eyes.

"Newt...not the speech again." he waves his wand bringing a map that spreads across the room.

"Once we graduate, we can leave and explore the world. Find any and all magical creatures, study them, and put them all together int-"

"Into a textbook teaching the future young witches and wizards on the creatures. I know...I know..." he smiles widely.

"Exactly. We'll leave and be free. Once and for all." she smiles and stands.

"Yeah...best I getaway sooner then later after we graduate." she stands removing the black cloak of her dress. "No doubt the ministry will be on me after graduation. I'm officially the only Enchantress." Newt gives a half smile as the map rolls up behind him.

"One last year at Hogwarts...then we're off. You, me, and a case full of creatures." she giggles lightly.

"One last year."