Chapter Eighteen

"You are the whole sky, and no amount of storms could make me unlove you".

~Anonymous

Alex

It was Saturday afternoon and for once I didn't have any plans with Hunter. He was preparing for an art show and he had been trying to draw something that went along the theme for the past two days. The theme was "Sadness" and weirdly enough he couldn't think of something that would go along with that.

I had just uploaded a new song on my YouTube and now I was sitting in the living room with my parents. They were watching the news, both invested in it so much that for once they didn't glare at me for being on my phone.

If I wasn't on my phone though, I would have noticed that something about them was off. I noticed way too late. I noticed once my father turned off the TV and both of them turned to look at me.

"What's up?" I asked them, setting my phone aside.

"We had a very interesting conversation today... with Savannah," my mother started. Oh, fuck.

"She said you went to the soup kitchen this Wednesday. With a friend," my father went on.

"Yeah..."

"According to her, a gay friend," my mother pressed. I stayed silent, not taking away my gaze from them.

"Is it true?" my father asked, folding his hands before his chest. I gave the smallest nod I could. "I thought you said you didn't hang out with the gay kid".

"I didn't. Now I do," I replied and watched my parents share a look.

"Yes, that's going to have to stop," my father said back and figured the matter ended there.

"Or...?"

"Or?" he snapped back. "Or we are going to have to interfere".

"Oh? In what way?" I knew I was pushing it, but honestly, I didn't care.

"Alexander, stop," my mother whispered, trying to ease both of us.

"In a way, you won't like," my father said, through gritted teeth. I kept staring at him, waiting to hear that way. "If you refuse to stop seeing him you will force us to take away your guitar. And if that won't work, you could always change schools," he said, sitting back in his seat.

"Are you serious? You'll take away my guitar? You'll make me change school? What am I, ten?"

"You sure are acting that way," my mother noted.

"I'm acting like I'm ten because I'm friends with a gay guy?"

"You're acting like you're ten by not listening to us. We're warning you for your own good".

"Bullshit, you don't want your name to be tarnished," I snapped back.

"No, we don't want your name to be tarnished. Because if you keep up with this sinful way of living, your soul will be corrupted in the eyes of God," my mother went on.

"Stop hiding behind God!" I yelled, sitting up.

"We're not hiding -" my father began but I cut him off.

"Yes, you are. You are using his righteous words as a scapegoat for your own beliefs".

"Alexander," my father warned. "You're getting off topic. Stop hanging out with that Hunter guy". I only shook my head and grabbed my phone.

"For once, I'd like to see what would happen if you didn't get what you wanted," I muttered and headed out.

I told Hunter through our bond that I had to get out of my house and he immediately told me to meet up with him at his place. What threw me off was the little surprise he said he had for me. As soon as I rang the doorbell I heard the little surprise he had. It was a soft bark, barely hearable. Hunter opened the door with a puppy, as big as half his forearm, in his arms.