41 | A N X I E T Y

(A/N ~ i'm sorry)

(A/N ~ i'm sorry)

Lmao, i'm finna rewrite chapter 41 of What Love Is because its soooo controversal. And people have every right to be mad at what happened; but I realize so many people missed the point of that chapter.

They don't read further on and see the grief and realizations that the characters come to. The fault might not have been adressed in the chapters following, but they were adressed further on and thats where people just didn't read to. And fair enough.

Development of a character doesn't just happen in the beggining of a book. People aren't going to stop making mistakes even after being together for a year.

Hayze's actions were terrible. And that should have never happened. But River doesn't understand that.

Her character is vunerable in relationships. She doesn't know better. And she LEARNS that later on.

She realizes what she deserves. And people forget that she had never been taught that.

So i'm going to rewrite it. For the sake of the people who didn't understand the reason for this chapter. And hopefully it upsets less people.

// i've changed it lmao. This is better I hope.

___

Hayze had worked non stop for the past two weeks and he was stressed to the point that he had seen one gray hair pop up on his head. The fact that he had spotted a gray hair stressed him out even more and he was walking around with tense shoulders.

He had blown off steam in the gym until he was past the point of fatigue and he hadn't even spared River a glance for four days because he was too tired to entertain her.

She seemed to understand his exaustion because she kept her distance and only cooked dinner for him and set it out before he arrived home. She allowed him to cuddle her at night, but she was more stiff then usual and they never spoke any words to each other.

The anxiety of the project he had been nonstop working on had finally settled in and excercising hadn't helped in the least. His father had suggested anxiety meds but he was not going to go anywhere near those because he knew the side effects they came with. And he couldn't afford to deal with any extra problems.

Now all he had to rely on was River. And he had chosen the worst way possible.

As soon as he arrived home, he grabbed her from the couch in the living room where she was taking an online test and carried her up into their bedroom before dropping her down gently on to the bed.