Chapter Twenty-Eight

The doors slowly slide open with a hiss, Jess swallows the lump in her throat and forces a calm expression onto her face. She couldn't show fear now, especially in front of Peter and his newfound team. 

Peter is standing right in front of the doors when the open, his arms were up in the air as if he was ready for a hug but they slowly drop when he sees Jess. Immediately, Peter backs away to allow her to enter, no one speaks as the doors close behind with another hiss. 

"You're not Jessica." Peter darkly states.

"I am." Jess shakes her head.

"No, Jess would be sixteen now." Peter argues. "I saw her in the park, she was young, you're-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Jessica warns. "Or I swear to the Milano." 

"Who are you?" Peter demands.

"What do you think happened when your raccoon shot me?!" She shouts.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Rocket steps forward. "I am not a raccoon!"

"Did you think that the outcome wouldn't have any consequences?! How do you think I feel about this? I've aged seven years into the future without experiencing what it's like to be seventeen, turn nineteen, or hell I don't even get to experience my first legal drink!" Jessica rants while throwing her hands in the air. "My freaking god." 

"Fine." Peter purses his lips. "Tell me something Jessica knows."

"You cry right before missions because you're scared that your ego will blow up because you aren't as awesome as you say you are." Jess answers without a beat.

"Okay, that is something the old Jess used to say." Peter admits, trying to hold back his emotions. "But that's not what I meant."

"How you can't drink because you become so intoxicated after one?" She raises her eyebrows. "Or that you didn't know how to shoot a gun before we met."

"Quill, you are not a warrior." Drax shakes his head. "You are as what Rocket would say, stupid."

"Shall I keep going?" Jess offers while raising her eyebrow. Peter blows out a puff of air, his eyes searching Jessica's as if trying to find a flaw in her explanation. 

"No." He shakes his head while stopping forward slightly. Peter places his hand on her shoulder before slowly tracing his fingers up to her cheek. He looks down at her, placing both of his hands on her cheeks, and she looks back. 

It seems that the world around them disappears, that same spark from years ago comes back and this time Hydra wasn't there to come between them and there wasn't an age difference to great to ignore. Peter runs his thumb over Jessica's lips as a small smile appears on his face. 

"You don't know how long I've waited to see you." Peter whispers.

"Peter." Jess swallows the lump in her throat and steps back slightly after remembering that there were others watching. "They want to know where you got that gun. We've run countless tests on it and we need to know so we can try to find a cure."

"Find a cure?" He questions. "You want to find a cure?"

"I," Jess sighs and looks away from his captivating eyes. "Peter seven years of my life disappeared, I didn't get to live any of it. Who knows how long I have left now!"

"Then come with me." Peter states while stepping forward again. "Come back with me, save the galaxy, go on missions! It could be just like the old days, you'd be living your life every day. Those seven years will come back in a flash and then....you and I..." 

"She's not going anywhere." Jen's voice rings through the tiny space. Jessica immediately turns around and glares at the area where they would be standing. 

"Seriously? Stay out of this!" Jess orders.

"Wait, you're considering his offer?" Katie cries.

"Would you let me decide what I want to do!" She shouts back. 

"No, not happening." Jen declares. "I don't care if he's your long lost love or whatever, you aren't going."

"Who's going to stop me?" Jess inquires. "If I were to go." 

"Um, I will, duh." Jen replies.

"Ha, don't make me laugh." Jessica orders. 

"Can we get back on topic please?" Bruce coughs over the PA system, obviously he had pushed the girls away so Jessica could continue talking. She smiles and slowly turns around to face the group again. 

"We don't know what kind of weapon it is." Rocket admits while stepping forward slightly. "I may or may not have stolen it from a ship that we ransacked a few days before coming to Earth."

"Seriously?" Peter questions while turning to look at him. "I told you not to touch them!"

"And who said you were the boss again?" Rocket raises his eyebrow.

"I am Groot." Groot shakes his head.

"Shut up!" Rocket cries.

"Ha!" Peter smiles. "He's finally on my side." 

"He's like four he doesn't get a vote!" Rocket shouts.

Slowly, Jess turns back to the glass where the others stood with an expression that begged for some help. After a few seconds, the glass seems to fizz away and they all stand there with expressions of confusion as well. Bruce shrugs and looks at his daughter for help.

She says something, apparently Bruce had forgotten to turn the monitors back on. Arguing commences on their side of the glass now too. Of course they'd get into a fight the moment Jess needed their help too. 

She grits her teeth and closes her eyes, trying to force her powers to break through whatever was stopping her in the Hulk container. Suddenly, the noise stops and she lets go of the breath she'd been holding.

Slowly, Jessica looks around. This wasn't the hallway outside of the containment room. This area was dark, monitors beeped every few seconds, and the floor wasn't marble. It felt soft and almost bouncy

"Huh." A cruel voice laughs. "So the traitor returns." 

=======

Hey

I'm not dead

lol

-Author Out