Chapter Twenty-Four

Y/n pov

I stood in the center of the small crowd that formed around me as I rubbed the back if my neck. "I don't know.. I've only ever gone with the proxies."

A groan came from Jeff's mouth. "You're no fun." He said going to lightly punch my sholder.

I grabbed his wrist before it made contact and held it for a second before letting it drop. He looked at me briefly than went back to his energetic state. "C'mon just once, we haven't had someone new in ages..."

"Jeff." Masky warned.

Jeff looked at him but than back at me ignoring him. "But if you can't handle it than..." He trailed off.

I narrowed my eyes as E.J stepped towards me and lifted his mask to above his mouth "Can I join you both?"

I opened my mouth to talk but Jeff beat me to it. "I don't think they can handle it Jack." He teased looking at me.

"They can't even take their mask off.." BEN muttered walking next to Jeff.

I huffed and turned around walking towards the tree line. I heard Masky's voice behind me. "Thanks for that Guys. (Y/n) wait up!" He yelled catching up to me.

"Sorry about them." He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

He looked down at me "If it makes you feel better we could deal with some missions now?"

I looked up and nodded my head rapidly. It's always been nice to go on hunts with Masky he let me do my thing and he knew I could take care of myself. He smiled "Ok kiddo let's get ready." He said as he picked me up by the waist and lifted me over his shoulder. I laughed slightly and let him carry me back. As we approached the front door he kicked it open with his foot and slung me back down. "Can you get the papers from my room?" He asked.

I nodded and made my way upstairs. "It's hanging above my desk." He called up to me.

I walked to his room and pushed open the door. His light gray room floor was covered in clothes and his bed was unmade with Operator symbols hanging above it. I walked towards his bed and looked at the small picture frame, it held a small picture we took the first couple weeks I started as Hoodie's proxy. We were all without our masks, I was on Masky and Hoodie's shoulders and Toby stood in the center holding is hatchets up to the camera in the shape of an 'X'. I smiled at the memory. I was happy at getting to see Masky's real room, not the bland and empty one at the cabin. I walked over to his desk. I looked at the surface and saw the some empty pill bottles, cigarettes, and the all to familiar messy drawings of their boss.

Above the desk had papers and what looked to be a target with a picture of Toby with small pocket knife stabbed in the center of the picture. I'll never understand why they annoy each other  so much. I sighed at this and pulled the thumbtack out of the personal documents and tucked them under my arm. I made my towards his door and downstairs going two at a time down to him. He stood near the door and looked up as I approached him. He lifted his mask to above his mouth "Ready kid?" He said grabbing the papers I held out to him.

"Yeah" I said as we walked out the door.