42 | P A I N

River-rose stared blankly at the water running out of the tap as Hayze gently set her down into the warm tub

"Do you want a scented candle, or..."

She didn't answer and instead kept her eyes trained on the water flowing into the tub.

He sighed and got up before grabbing a lavendar candle and some bubble bath from a gold rack hanging near the shower.

He lit the candle before pouring the bubble bath under the water.

River watched as fluffy bubbles formed in the water and she couldn't help herself when she reached forward and scooped up a bit.

"You know i'm sorry, right?" he asked as he smoothed back her long hair with his wet hand.

She looked up into his solemn, icy blue eyes and nodded. "Mhhmm. You can stop pushing your guilt on to me now. I just soaked the bed with my cum and i'm getting tired of you breathing onto my neck when you could be changing the sheets," she muttered calmly and Hayze nodded quickly.

"Yeah.. no. I'm sorry bella rosa. And i'm just worried. You haven't really gotten mad. I wanted to make sure you know you have every right to," Hayze said quietly.

She looked back down and grabbed some more of the bubbles before dipping her hand back under.

"Are you okay?"

Am i okay?

She thought she was. But now... not so much.

She was dissapointed in herself for not sticking her ground and trying to get Hayze to talk to her.

Being his little sex doll was not the answer, no matter how good he did make her feel.

She wasn't anyones to use.

"I don't know," she whispered.

"Are you sore anywhere? Should I get you some ice?"

She shakily shook her head no before sinking down into the bubbles. Her long hair grew heavy as it soaked up some of the hot water.

The truth was, she was very sore. Her breasts were sore. And her pelvis felt like it was just hulk smashed but she; for some reason, didn't want Hayze to feel anymore guilty than she knew he was already feeling.

She knew he didn't mean it

"I'll be taking time off work so I can help you feel better. If you... want me to."

She knew even if she said she didn't want him to stay, he would anyway.

River thought back to the last hour and cringed slightly. If Hayze had taken out his stress on her all the time, she would have gone into a coma from being pounded into by him all the time.

She tried to convince herself that this was only a one time thing.

She thought of how he cried over her and hugged him close to her like he genuinely regretted what he did; unlike Nico.