Chapter 46

"I'm so glad you're alive! I was so scared. What if I couldn't bring you back? What would I do?!"
My voice starts to sound shaky as I begin to make myself sad and panic, thinking of all the worse case scenarios of what might had happened.
"Shh.. You don't have to worry about that. I'm alive and so are you."
He smiles, standing to his feet, to which I had to help him up. He was still a bit weak but he was recovering fast.
"Now, time to go have a word with Slender..."
He begins to storm off but soon stops once he realises I wasn't following him. Turning around to face me, he tilts his head, giving a confused look.
"[Name]? You coming?"
He asks. But, I don't reply with words, I felt too scared to. So instead, I just shake my head, lowering it as I take a few steps back.
Jeff sighs, walking over to me, placing his hands on my shoulders.
"[Name].. We can defeat him. If we work together, it'll be over before you know it. Then we can finally be free together.!"
The idea of living a free life with Jeff made me happy, instantly putting a smile on my face.
"Subject 6126".
A distant voice announces.  It became hard to focus suddenly and everything felt dizzy. I started hearing voices that sounded familiar but I couldn't remember, as if to be a memory locked away.
"[Name]? Hey, [Name]!" -

~**~

"Welcome to our hospital [Name]. I'm sure you'll be very comfortable here!"
A doctor smiles widely as he is surrounded by my worrying parents and nurses. I had just killed my teacher today and my parents could no longer handle me. So they're abandoning me here..
"Don't worry Mr and Mrs [LastName]. We have a very high satisfaction rate and [Name] will be properly looked after."
He speaks directly at my parents, trying to reassure them. To which they take a few calming breaths and nods. Looking down to me before turning to leave the room.
"Mum? Dad? Where are you- Where are you going!?"
I call after them. They give me a quick glance but turn back and rush for the door.
"MUM! DAD! WHERE ARE YOU GOING! MUUUM!! DAAD!!"
I scream from behind the door as they shut it from behind them, locking it. I could hear their sobs from behind the door but that was soon drowned out by my loud screaming and banging as I pound my fists and feet against the door.

Hours had passed and my mother or father still hadn't returned to get me. By this point, I was sat on the floor in the corner. Back against the wall with my feet against my chest. Head resting on my knees as tears trickled down my cheeks.
Suddenly the door opens. I quickly raise my head and gasp in the hope to see my parents. But it wasn't. It was a doctor. He enters the room alone, shutting the door before walking over to me, crouching down to my level as I remained sat on the floor.
"No need to be sad. You'll be happy here."
He smiles sweetly, trying to calm my nerves and make me feel less scared.
"When can I go home.. I wanna see mummy.."
The doctor shakes his head, making a tutting sound with this tongue.
"This is your home now. You don't need your mummy any more. Right? You'll be brave, You'll cooperate and be a good subject right?"
I was confused.. what did he mean?
"I'm.. I'm not a subject, I'm just a girl, I'm [Na-"
The doctors smile drops to an angry sneer as he grabs the collar of my shirt, standing to his feet, holding me threateningly.
"Freaks like you no longer have identities. You will be known as Subject 6126. You will not talk back and you will do as you're told. Do you understand me?"
I instantly burst into tears. What had happened to the nice doctor who greeted me and my parents. Why was he being so mean?
Suddenly, the palm of his hand comes crashing down, slapping hard against my face as he strikes me harshly.
"I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?"
I couldn't help but scream. A 7 year old child being hit by a 40 year old man at full force, as if to hit someone his own age. It would be sure to leave a bruise. But he soon grows impatient, throwing me to the ground, storming out of the room.
I scurry to a corner, curling up as tight as I can to comfort myself.
"Hello?.. Hey, can you hear me?.."
A soft female voice suddenly whispers through a vent.

~**~

"[Name]?!"
I snap back to reality to find myself being vigorously shaken by Jeff as he grabs my shoulders, pushing me back and forth. Stopping once he realises I had snapped out of it.
"I'm sorry Jeff but... there's something I have to do first."