39. Look out

So, this book is coming to an end. Yes I know, so sad, but there's still a few more chapters to go, don't worry.

Also, there's a link in my bio for an app for interactive stories. So if you're interested go check it out, it's free. And if not, then you obviously don't have to check it out. Up to you. It is for Apple products only though. Not Android. Again, that's up to you.

Now, enjoy the chapter!

Thirteen's POV

He eyes me cautiously, like a lion stalking prey, and in the next instant his gun is out and he's firing off shots.

I jump out of the way and duck behind one of the many desks in the room The wood splinters as he continues to fire. The gunshots cease as he runs out of bullets and I leap over the desk and crash right into him, taking him to the ground.

We roll around, each of us getting hits on the other, and I'm able to slash him a couple times with the dagger before he's knocking it away and pulling my dagger from the holster on my side.

Before I can get the dagger back from him, he's driving it into my leg. I bite my tongue to keep from crying out and swing my fist into his face. He digs the dagger in deeper.

"Tell me Thirteen," He says. "Do you have any of your antidote with you?"

Maybe I should be worried about the poison of the dagger, but I'm not. It's slow acting unless the wound is deep and somewhere in the torso, closer to the heart. I'll live from this if I can survive this nightmare first.

"Do you?" I retort and his face darkens, his hand twisting the dagger deeper into my leg.

I pull a knife from my belt and swipe at him. He dodges but barely, I'm able to cut a thin line into his chest. He rolls to his feet and I get to mine, avoiding putting too much pressure on my leg.

"Give it up Everly," He says. "You can't beat me."

I pick up the gold dagger from the floor and he twirls mine around in his hand. "I wouldn't be too sure," I tell him. "You've pissed me off one too many times."

I swipe out with the dagger and he dodges. He brings his leg around to try and knock me to the ground and I jump over it. He swings my dagger around and I block it, bringing my leg up and kicking him in the side. His fist connects with my jaw.

I can't tell how long we're fighting. Constantly dodging, blocking, and landing hits of our own.

I manage to get a good slash across his arm and his fist rams into my stomach and I double over. He brings his knee up into my face and I fall to the floor, the gold dagger falling from my grasp.

He picks it up and twirls it around a couple times before pressing the button on the top. The faint familiar whirring sound starts as the blade begins to spin, like a drill. He slides the silver dagger into his belt.

His smile is deadly. "I think I like this one," He says before swinging his arm down to stab the dagger into my neck.

I catch his wrists in my hands and push back, keeping the blade from piercing my skin.

He pushes down harder and I push back, but he's stronger than me and the dagger is slowly getting closer to my neck.

I continue to hold on to his wrists, pushing back to keep the dagger away from me. I stop pushing back and instead push to the left, the dagger shooting off sparks as it bounces off the concrete floor next to my head.