Chapter Twelve ~ To Hogwarts!

There was little else interesting that occurred between Percy's visit to Diagon Alley and the end of the holidays. Other than Ron and Hermione being elected as prefects and the fiasco with the boggart, which despite his curiosity, Percy was still forbidden from going near.

But finally the time to board the train was here. Percy was a bundle of nervous excitement. Though this world wasn't the strangest he'd been faced with, it was still different. It was still new.

Harry however, was rather familiar with Hogwarts and less excited. He was more bitter at the fact he'd not been considered for the role of prefect and couldn't help but feel a little jealous. It gave him more time to dwell on the other happenings around him.

Such as why Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred, and George would be going to the train as per usual, while he and Percy were to be escorted by guards.

In fact, why was Percy even with them in the first place? Harry understood that Sally was an old classmate, but why bring somebody all the way from America, here? It had never been explained. There was obviously some hidden meaning to their presence and Harry wanted to know what, hating being out of the loop. After everything, didn't he deserve to be a little more informed? Harry knew why he needed to have guards - not that it was his favourite thing in the world - but he knew not why Percy needed them. Couldn't he simply go along with the others?

Percy himself seemed less than impressed with the fact he needed to be escorted and Harry spied the teenager arguing with his mother in a corner of the house in hushed whispers. The stray words Harry caught from the conversation only increased his suspicions. Things like how Percy could protect himself just fine and how that had been proven in the past. Things about carrying weapons and secret abilities. But eventually the teenager seemed to admit defeat and Harry had turned away before they could notice Harry's attempt at eavesdropping.

The next morning was the day of their leaving, and it had been decided that Mrs Weasley, Sally, Tonks and Sirius would accompany Harry and Percy to King's Cross. Sirius - of course - was in the form of his animagus, a black dog to avoid recognition.

It took them 20 minutes to walk via foot to the train station and during the walk nothing eventful happened, leaving both boys questioning the point of having a guard if there was nothing to guard them against. Not that Percy not Harry would allow the adults to fight alone should anything have occurred.

Although to Harry, it was when they got there that things became a little more amusing.

"Which train is ours?" Percy asked, looking around at the bustling station.

"That's the exciting part." Harry grinned. Despite his suspicions, he couldn't wait to see how the other boy would react to the gateway to platform 9 ¾. "You go through that brick wall there, and it takes you to platform 9 ¾. It's the entrance only wizards know."

"You're joking." Percy stated, staring at the wall apprehensively.

"I'm not. Go on, try it." said Harry, nudging Percy towards it. Taking a deep breath Percy shut his eyes and ran at the wall. Better to get it over and done with then, he thought.

However, unlike Harry had said, Percy did not go through the barrier, the demigod crashed into it instead, sending him sprawling on the dusty and cold station ground. He sat up, whipped around and glared at the sniggering wizard. Sirius gave a bark of what could be laughter. Sally rushed over to him and Mrs Weasley lightly scolded Harry.

The pain didn't really affect Percy. As sad as it may be, the demigod was a close acquaintance of pain. It was more the feeling of embarrassment as he gained negative looks from the muggles around them and the fool of himself he'd made in front of people he knew.

"Liar." Percy hissed as Sally helped him to his feet.

Harry raised his hands in an act of innocence. "I never said which side of the wall you're supposed to run through." His smile dropped quickly at the look of anger from the demigod. "Watch." Harry said.

With that, he stepped through the other side of the brick wall to which Percy had tried. Unlike Percy, Harry was much more successful and he quickly disappeared from view.

But Percy refuses to try again, even as Tonks leaned against the wall casually and disappeared, bounded after by Sirius. Mrs Weasley followed next and Sally had to practically drag her son through the barrier. Otherwise he would not pass.

Once finally on the other side, Percy stood there with his arms folded, glowering at the brick wall that seemed to hate him. The demigod continued to do so until the others arrived, passing through.

Rom nudged the demigod cautiously. "You alright mate?"

Percy merely huffed in response. Rom raised an eyebrow. "What'd the wall do to you?" This time he was not graced with a response.

Soon they were all boarded in the train after saying their farewells. Sally told Percy that she'd be going back to America now, and that he should stay safe. Percy promised to return in the holidays.

And then the train was leaving, departing from the station.

Percy couldn't wait to see what awaited him at Hogwarts.

Soon, it would be all be unveiled.

~~~~

IMPORTANT: I won't be updating for the next few weeks because where I am, I have exams coming up over the span of the next two weeks, which requires me to dedicate my time to studying, and I'd rather pass than fail.

I hope you all can understand. Also, remember Harry doesn't know Percy is the grandson of Voldemort.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama