Assassin's Bride Chp26

Hello there readers, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Picture of Cherise on the side.

__________________________________________________

~*~*I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe ~*~*

Gradually Cloud rotated his body, his hand slipped from hers and Faith mirrored his action. At the sight a slight frown sneaked between her eyebrows. In front of them stood a beauty with an aura of a temptress. Faith could not help but feel the apprehensive feeling in her chest when her eyes trailed down the length of the woman's sensational body. At once her heart dimmed from the look in the woman's eyes. She peered at Cloud in a way, only a deranged lover would!

Then the woman leaned in to plant a soft kiss on Cloud's left cheek intentionally for Faith to see her rosy lipstick stain. Faith could have sworn there was a triumphant smirk on the woman's face which was replaced with an elegant smile when she pulled away.

Her eyes were seductive somewhat incensed. She dared to flirt with Cloud through her eyes on his engagement night! Who on earth was she? Faith urged a courteous smile on her lips even after the woman entirely disregarded her presences as if her world revolved around the man in front of her.

"Congratulations," came her lazy voice.

"Cherise," Cloud breathed and Faith was appalled. He uttered her name with so much affection it shred her naive heart. The man had never called her with so much fondness.  "I did not expect you to be present here," he finished.

The sensuous grin became taut for a while but remained there, "How can I not come when my_" she paused and Faith noticed how Cloud's body went rigid. The guiltless girl swallowed when she came to comprehend who this woman was. Cherise was his woman. "When my dearest friend is getting engaged," as if on cue her eyes dispassionately moved to the assassin's bride.

Faith straightened her spine and smiled as ladylike as she could even though her hand felt cold without his hand enfolded around hers. Cherise's eyes went down the length of Faith's form and her lips twitched then she faced Cloud, "You look fabulous, Cherise, like always." The viper of a man praised.

"I always admired the way your words influenced a heart, Cloud," she grinned at him. "However, I will not deny, I was rather disappointed when I did not receive an invitation,"

Faith saw from the corner of her eyes how Cloud's whole stance swapped into the man she always witnessed. Her throat went dry at the sudden transformation, "I believed you would not like to visit such a ceremony,"

Cherise laughed, her laugh brimmed with mockery, "No Cloud," his name from her mouth sounded like a prayer. "You have no idea how much I wanted to come."

"Then, I hope you enjoyed your evening." Cloud responded benevolent and that was when Faith did not comprehend a word they spoke.

She stood there and observed with muddled eyes as the man and woman conversed in a foreign language. She was humiliated, as feelings clogged at her throat her heart picked up its pace, which terrified her. That moment her glossy eyes clashed with a pair of familiar ones. Alexander stared at her with infuriated, solicitous eyes, instantly Faith averted her gaze and blinked her tears away. However, she stood by her fiance and did not waver under the powerful aura that woman possessed. Their conversation carried on for about two prolonged minutes. While their voices were rough their faces wore masks of fake smiles.

Suddenly that warm, large hand encased itself like a possessive snake around her waist. Faith's eyes widened but at the same time her heart lulled. The couple noticed how swiftly Cherise's eyes took note of Cloud's action and something flashed in her 'green' eyes.