While You're There ~ Jay

A dull but stinging pain in your leg managed to bring you out of your slumber and you took a sharp breath through your nose when the pain suddenly shot through you and you shrieked, eyes wide and tears pooling as you tried to kick your leg away from the iron grip it was held in.

You only realized there was a rolled up towel tucked between your teeth when you weren't able to hear your own screams.

Tears ran down your cheeks as you begged your captor to let you go and tried to squirm from their grip but the numbing pain continued to shoot through your body until, eventually, you lost your consciousness.

The next time you woke up, you felt slightly hungover and your body cried with every move you made, letting your body slip back into sleep until—

"(Y/N)? Are you awake?"

Your eyes slowly fluttered open to see Nya peeking at you in concern, "W-Where are we?"

A sleeve of hers was ripped off and she didn't look as messy as you were expecting. Then again, she was the master of water.

"A cell, somewhere." She sighed, scooting closer to you, "How are you feeling?"

You moved away and nearly cried as a bolt of pain rushed through your body. Nya's eyes widened and she pulled away, giving you space, "Woah, take it easy, you just got shot."

You looked up at her in shock, "I got shot?"

She nodded, "Bullet would've still in your leg if you had kept struggling like that, luckily for me, you blacked out almost as soon as you woke up."

"That was you?!"

"Yes. You're welcome."

You snort and spare her a small smile, "What do we do now?"

She frowned, crawling closer towards you and resting next to you, "We wait, I guess."

"Very reassuring."