Epilogue

"Before I wanted a happy ending with you but now it's all about wanting a love that is perennial."

If someone had told him in the past that he was going to settle down and start a family, he would have given them a blank look, finding the entire scenario quite unbelievable

He had no plans for the future. He worked and intended to continue in that manner, or so he thought before Aahana entered his life.

Unwillingly, he had to accept the marriage and her as his wife. It hadn't been a decision he'd made. He was blackmailed into doing it. But now he was beyond thankful to his father for what he had done for him.

He had taken the chance with her which had pulled him out of his dark shell and he had no regrets, except for one. He wished he could change the way he had treated Aahana at the start.

He didn't know how she had managed to make her way into his heart but he was glad she did. She was exactly what he needed to live, to feel, to discover himself.

Every day with her felt like a new beginning and their love for each other was just as refreshing and euphoric as day one.

"Did dad agree to come with us?"

He was so absorbed in his thoughts, he hadn't seen Aahana enter the bedroom until her soft voice rang in his ears. He felt his voice catch in his throat when he turned around and came face-to-face with his wife.

She was waiting expectantly for a reply but he couldn't form one. His eyes roamed her body and he heaved a dreamy sigh. She was wearing a black Anarkali suit with a golden floral border that complimented her skin beautifully. Her hair was pinned up neatly to form a bun, few tendrils adorning her vibrant face and he felt his hand itch to tuck it behind her ear. She looked gorgeous and that baby bump made her even more enticing. Desirable.

"I'd love to ravish you right now." He approached her with a seductive smile, his eyes twinkling with mischief and emotions that made Aahana tremble.

"Atharva?" she called tentatively, her eyes wide as the heat rose to her cheeks. She didn't doubt him on that. He was very much active when it came to making love to her, no matter the situation or time.

Pushing the thoughts away for later, he shook his head and gave her a light smile. "Yeah, he is getting ready."

"That's great." She smiled back, feeling the worry slowly fade away. "I'm glad he is getting back to his old self."

He grasped her hips and pulled her closer, breathing in her sweet-spicy scent. "I know. It was my fault."

He recalled the day he and Aahana came home to share the news of her pregnancy but they thought it would be better to make it special. So they invited everyone to Jay's restaurant and had a tiny celebration. Each one of them was genuinely happy and the night ended on a good note.