Chapter 9 The Notepad

The hall way was filled with girls all dressed in red , green or yellow dresses . They all had the same white heels as I did and the same stuck up formal hair due .

I soon came to the conclusion that the green dress girls were going where I was going. The red all had teary eyes which didn't seem like a good thing and the yellow were probably the average fertility count girls . The neutral. And in a way , the lucky ones . They didn't get killed or taken away like the red and not get fertilized immediatly like the green . They WERE the lucky ones. 

I followed close after Evan as we walked through a bunch of diffrent halls and corridors until we came to a stop at a desk with a small and jumpy girl with washed out blonde hair .

"Breeder 478" Evan said in a hard and demanding voice as the girl immediatly obeyed his command and started typing on the computer. 

"Room 12 Sir . " she replied in a shrieky voice as he nod is head and walked through the brown door .

On the other side was halls and halls of green . Everything was green . From the carpet below us to the doors at my side.  They all looked the same but had diffrent  numbers. As we turned the corner we walked past a sign reading 'Welcome to the Green Zone' , well that explains the green .

I must've drifted off in my thoughts because I soon bumped into a serious but angry Evan , as I walked right into him .

"Try to keep up. " he said in that same voice that made me believe that our previous laughes and jokes were all just a facade. 

I followed him as I read the passing doors . 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 . That's me .

I watched as he took the key from his pocket and unlocked the door , escorting me inside. 

And guess what's inside ?

More green . No surpise .

He closed the door behind him as I watched his face turn from serious to a smile .

"So , I guess this is your new home Andy . "

"New home ? Really ? It looks like the inside of a booger.  Green is not my colour. "

"Sorry can't help you with that . " he said with a chuckle .

I watched as he moved through the room,  showing me where everything was and what it is.

My closet was filled with all green clothes.  There was an assortment of fancy green dresses -like the one I was wearing- and some green shorts , shirts, jackets and robes .

My connecting bathroom luckily wasn't as all green as my room . It was all white and decorated fancy with detailed ornaments and accessories. It was the one place that I actually loved and was not green .

"Okay . So that's the tour . " Evan announced as we walked back into my room .

"So what happens now ? I mean what can I expect to happen ? "

"Well , normally  we don't give this kind of information to any of the Breeders or Donors . But lucky for you , you're Andy so it doesn't count ." He said giving me a wink . "So , this is where you'll spend most of your time, other than the lab of course . Everyday at 8 you'll be escorted with a soldier to the lab where they'll try to fertilize you unil you're pregnant , which you won't have to wait long for , hence the green zone . Try to he ready by 8 in one of those fancy dresses , thats the only time you have to wear them .After that happens they'll just monitor you through out it all unil the baby is born . You get 2 weeks with the baby to feed it and what not until they take the baby and  you go through the exact same process again . "

I had no words . Nothing. This was even worse than what I could've imagined . Now more than ever I wanted to escape .

He walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder in a comforting way as I looked up and met his eyes .

"It's going to be okay Andy.  You're strong and you'll make it . "

"But I don't want to make it ..." I whisperd more to myself. 

He just gave me a pat on the back before taking his position before me again .

I looked up seeing him with his 'serious face' on again . So I walked up to him , and I gave him a hug .

At first he was stiff and didn't know how to react but eventually he returned the hug .

"Thank you Evan . For everything.  You're the best . Can you do me one last favour before you go ? "

"Sure Andy anything. Unless it's escaping than no way . "

"Nope , not now anyway. I just need you to make sure my friends are okay . "

"Sure , what's their names ?"

I watched as he took a notepad from his jacket and a pen from his pocket as I listed their names .

"Amanda O dell , Cody Thompson , Luke Williams and ... and um , Ben Anderson  ." I repeated their names with ease but Ben's with a heavy heart and teary eyes .

"Is he your boyfriend ? " He asked , putting the notepad back in his jacket .

"I don't know ... I guess so ." I said taking a seat on the foot of the bed .

"I'll get on it as soon as possible and try to get back to you . "

"Thanks Evan . "

"My pleasure ."

He then walked out , as I sat on the bed hearing the heavy *click *of the door locking behind him.

I guess this is my home now.  Might as well get comfortable. 

So I walked over to the bathroom and stripped of my clothes getting into the bathtub,  filling it to the brim with relaxing hot water and bubble bath . Getting in I feel the soothing tingles it gave me as I lied down , letting everything go that was running through my mind. I couldn't remember the last time I had a decent bath,  nevermind a bubble bath. This was Heaven and  I was enjoying every second of it .

This place may be a prison and an inhumane place to stay at ,but they sure had the best pampering lifestyle.

Another is up ! What did you think ? Thoughts?  Theories?  Let me know what you think down below ❤❤