BONUS Chapter 4

A/N - Sorry that these past three chapters have been so short. All were written in advance and kind of were just acting as fillers. 

BUT GOOD NEWS!

Part 2 is being posted after this chapter! 

Hope you all enjoy this final bonus chapter! It's going to be a very sad one but it had to be done...

Happy Reading!

\LeeandSara11\

"Dad?" I yell into the Avengers tower.

I had just gotten home from school. Happy was there to drive me which instantly made me worry for Dad. I didn't even care that Peter had disappeared for the millionth time. All I needed to know was that my Dad was okay. 

Boxes were strewn across the tower floors, all of them holding items to be moved to our new home.  Dad decided that we should have our own family home and together, all of us chose a beautiful home upstate. All of us were so excited to move that the next day we began to pack up. I dodged and jumped a few of the boxes that were in my way, while continuously looking for anyone in the empty place. 

"Pepper?" I yell. No answer. Quickly walking over to Dad and Pepper's room, I see it void of either of them. Something feels off about the room, like someone was missing. Next I travel towards Dad's workshop. As I get closer, I see shattered glass and small debris laying on the floor that leads to the main level. 

Focusing on the tiny shards and random debris, I float all of it into the nearest trash. Once I walk onto the main floor, I see Dad with his head laying on his work desk, a bottle of scotch in his hand.

"Dad? What happened?" I ask worriedly as I hurry over to his broken figure. Quickly floating the scotch bottle out of his hand, I lay a hand on his shoulder. In response, Dad looks up at me, his bloodshot eyes full of pain.

"She left." he whispers. 

"What do you mean she left?" I respond.

"It was either I kept her safe, or I kept being Iron Man. I couldn't choose and she made the decision for me." he harshly explains, his voice breaking as he spoke. 

As I stared at my broken father, I had no words. The blame wasn't on Pepper and it wasn't on Dad either. I guess sometimes, things just don't work out. Knowing that words or sentiment were lost on him at this point, I pull a stool beside him and sit with him. I stretch my arms around him and lay my head on his shoulder. Dad lays his head on my arm while wrapping his own arms around me. And in the same way he was there through my grief, I was there through his.