Chapter Thirty-Nine {Confused}

It took a few days for me to actually be able to stay awake for more than twenty minutes, but once I surpassed being conscious for an hour, things started to look up.

Apparently, I had been in the coma for a month and a month and six days, which was terrifying to think about. I missed a whole month of my life. Of trying to figure things out. Of being with the people I loved.

At first, everything was frustrating, I had blanks in my memory, which I was told was to be expected. I couldn't remember my last time for the longest time, couldn't tell you my bank card or phone number. I didn't know where I lived or what my house looked like. Really the only thing I could remember was right before the car hit me, and seeing Henry's face. Besides that it was nothing. I could remember people though, I remembered my coach who had come to visit a few times since I had woken up, my parents, of course, a few other teammates who stopped by, and Henry and Jorden.

Speaking of, the two were getting on my nerves. I understood, I scared them both by being run over and unconscious of a month. But the way they were treating me like I was a fragile newborn baby, it was getting to me. I had been home now, well we called it home but really it was an apartment that Henry was renting out until I was good to fly again. Which I'm sure I already was, but where the doctors that treated me were here, Henry and Jorden didn't want to take me away from them %'From people who had been there from day one and wouldn't fuck you up'% I had been out of the hospital all of two days, and I already wanted to bash the two monkeys heads together.

"Hey! I was watching that!" I grumbled in annoyance as Henry came over and clicked out the TV. He gave me a stern look setting to remote down just out of my reach.

"The lights from the TV are bad for you head Matty, your hour was up five minutes ago. You can watch whatever you were watching tomorrow." He said, leaning down and kissing my forehead. I shot him a glare, huffing as I crossed my arms over my chest.

Henry was only letting me watch TV for an hour every day. One, stupid hour. And I couldn't fast forward through anything because the speeding pictures might hurt my recovery. Whatever the fuck that meant. "I'm going to make you some lunch, what are you hungry for?" I gave him the silent treatment, picking up the bok Jorden had bought for me to read. "Soup it is." And Henry walked off to the nearby kitchen.

The set up was strange. The apartment itself had two bedrooms, but I had a bed in the living room, it wasn't really a hospital bed, but it had all the features. I wasn't able to really walk yet without my ankle throbbing, and my ribs still ached. Both men had me practise walking for ten minutes every four hours, which was just enough for me because after ten minutes my head would spin. The bed itself was beyond comfy. It was a queen sized bed with a lift mattress that could sit me up, Henry had ordered a table that could go beside, and in front of me for when I needed to eat. And Jorden got me books to read, thanks to Henry's strict TV time.

And speaking of both men, they were acting... strange. They were getting along really well, better than I thought they ever would actually. They joked around, made sarcastic comments to each other, and they were both affectionate towards me. Which confused me even more.

From what I could remember from before the accident, I had told Jorden that I was going to be with Henry, and though he was fine with that I sensed jealousy from both men towards the other. Which was totally normal, I understood that. But now- now Henry kissed me on the head and cheeks, and nose around Jorden and Jorden didn't seem to care because he would do the same thing. Just last night before bed Henry had kissed my forehead, telling me he loved me and to sleep well, he was reluctant to sleep in the nearby bedroom, but I had assured the both of them that I would be fine and there was nothing to worry about, if I needed them I would call, and they both had made sure to sleep with their doors open. And after Henry had kissed me Jorden stepped forward, kissing me in almost the same spot, squeezing my hand and told me if I needed anything to just yell. And they both went into separate bedrooms, that were right beside each other, leaving both doors open and crack, but not before saying goodnight to each other as well.