Chapter 16

That son of a fucking bitch.

My arms tightened around her as she cried “he didn’t hurt you did he?” if he hurt her I will kill the fucking bastard.

She shook her head as she sniffled “he just held a knife to my neck but he didn’t physically hurt me” I kept my right arm around her waist as I walked her into the living room. Niall shot up from the armchair “what happened?” I sat Mel down on the couch and sat next to her.

“That little fucker was at her school”

“Damian?” Melissa’s body tensed up at the mention of his name. I nodded my head as I held her to my chest. Niall walked into the kitchen and came back a minute later with a glass of water. He placed it on the coffee table in front of her.

“What did he say?” Mel had stopped crying but she was still shaking.

“He said that my dad is getting pissed because Danny isn’t talking so he sent Damian to ‘finish what he started’” she leant forward and took a sip from the glass.

“How did he know you go to that school?” there are loads of schools in New York, how did he know she was there.

“He said someone told him I attended that school. He wouldn’t tell me who it was but he told me that I would figure it out” Niall stood up and took his phone out, I knew that he was going to call Sam about this.

“Did he try anything on you?” this is the question I wanted to avoid but just by looking the way she is I am thinking otherwise.

“He... he pushed me to the ground and started to unbutton my shirt” Niall got off the phone and walked back over “how did you get away?” Knowing Damian, he didn’t just let her go.

“I sprayed disinfectant in his face and then ran” she looked down to her hands in her lap and I saw the pink tint in her cheeks.

“Wow” Niall chuckled “that’s so badass”

Melissa stood up “I’m gonna change” I nodded my head as she walked into her room. Niall stood up and grabbed his jacket “where are you going?” Niall shrugged his jacket on and walked to the door “I have something to do and so do you”

I looked at him confused “what do you mean?” Niall pointed to Mel’s door “tell her” with that he walked out of the apartment.

How am I supposed to tell her I am in love with her?

Melissa’s POV

I have been lying in bed for the past 2 hours and still can’t sleep. The earlier events have scared the crap out of me and I don’t know what to do. I am scared out of my mind.

Jade called me earlier and asked why I left school early. I told her that I wasn’t feeling well and left. I also told her that I won’t be in school for a few days. I am physically and emotionally drained right now and I could really do with a hug which Danny always gave me when I was like this.

I checked the time on my phone again and sighed when it has now been 3 hours since I went to bed but haven’t slept.

I got out of the bed and walked out of the room. I walked over to Harry’s door and opened it. Harry was sat by his desk writing in something. He looked up when I closed the door. “You alright?” I shook my head and leant against the door and looked down at my bare feet “can’t sleep”

Harry grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the bed “what are you doing?” Harry ignored me as he pushed the covers back and patted the mattress “lie down” I did as he said and he put the covers over me.

Harry took his shirt and jeans off before turning the light off and walking back over to the bed. I felt the bed dip and a warm body next to me. I moved onto my side and a few seconds later Harry wrapped his arm around me.

“Goodnight Melissa” that was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

~

I awoke to being the only one in the bed. Last night was the first night I have actually slept through since Danny went missing.

I walked out of Harry’s room and had a quick shower. When I was done I walked into my room and changed into Jeans and a jumper. I walked around the apartment but I couldn’t find Harry.

I walked into the kitchen and found a note on the counter.

Mel,

Went out for a bit should be back soon.

-Harry.

p.s. you look really beautiful when you’re asleep

I blushed at the end.

I made myself some breakfast or lunch considering it is already 12:30.

I stood up when the front door opened. I put my plate and empty glass in the sink before walking into the living room

“What the?” Harry was stood in the middle of the room with a bunch of roses and a nervous smile on his face.

“Who are the roses for?” Harry looked down at his feet “you”

“I am really sorry with what I said about us” where is he going with this?

“We were not a mistake. I only said that because I was protecting you but I really can’t hide my feelings anymore”

“Harry what are you saying?” Harry took a deep breath before looking up at me.

“I love you”

He loves me?

 “Please say something” I could tell he was getting upset with the fact I am stood here with my mouth wide open.

Just as Harry turned around to walk out of the room I ran over and turned him around “what-” I cut him off by kissing him. He was shocked at first but started to kiss me back. I wrapped my arms around his neck while his around my waist. We both pulled away breathless and Harry rested his forehead on mine.

“I love you too” Harry smiled wide before pulling me in for another kiss.