Chapter 21: The Todorokis

Dedicated Chapter Song: Mirrors - PVRIS

You make my world spin, placebo feelings.
And in the morning I'll wait to see you again.
(I'll wait to see you again)
(Hiromi)

Your dead eyes before mine.
The way they're missing their whites, yeah they're just right.
I know you're dead inside and that's what I like, yeah I like.
(Shoto)

The moment I walked up to the Todoroki estate I felt like I'd entered a portal to another dimension

The moment I walked up to the Todoroki estate I felt like I'd entered a portal to another dimension. The house was quite lovely, in that old traditional Japanese way, but it felt almost too familiar that it was sickening. Though I'd never visited, nor ever seen the house I knew of just a few of the dark things that'd happened inside.

Dragging my suitcase behind me, I silently cursed my cousin for putting me into such an awkward position. "Tell your sister she's in charge of making dinner," Endeavor booms to his son. "And give Akuma a tour of the house while you're at it. I don't care where you show her as long as it's not your room."

"What's so bad about your room?" I carelessly wonder aloud.

"I...have...no idea." He mutters, reaching out to grab my suitcase. His hand touches mine for a moment. "Let me take this. I'll show you to the guest room."

"Uh...okay..." I nervously smile, letting go of the handle of my suitcase. We'd both changed into comfortable clothing right after our training with Scarlett. Shoto leads me inside the house and we're almost immediately greeted by a face I'd never seen before.

"Oh! Shoto, you're back! Natsuo and I were wondering what time you and father would get home," a kind laughter arose from a peculiar looking girl. While she was smiling at her brother, I took the liberty of swiping my black hair down in front of my eye before she could see it. I do notice the girl, however. A bit older than me but definitely younger than Scarlett, with shaggy white hair that had a few red strips at the end. She wore rectangular glasses.

"Fuyumi," Shoto speaks monotonously. "The old man says it's your turn to make dinner tonight."

"Is that a guest?" She peeks over her shoulder. "Dad didn't tell us we'd be having company. My...she resembles you, Shoto."

"...I get that a lot." I mumble quietly.

"This is Hiromi." Shoto introduces me.

"Oh! She's the one you and father are always on about!" Fuyumi perks up. "She is just as pretty as you say."

"I never-" he tries to defend himself.

"I'm pretty?" I slowly raise my head, daring to look his sister in the eye. "I think you are." She replies. "Hey, what are you in the mood for? You're our guest; we should do our best to make you comfortable."