Chapter 54

"I don't want to say," Jennie pouts but I won't cave and let her jutted out bottom lip sway my resolve to get answers.

"I won't judge you," I assure her.

She has to be able to trust me.

I roll my eyes and gently pinch her side. "It can't be that bad."

We're lying in bed.

Yes.

Still.

Would you get out of bed if you were sharing it with Jennie?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

After a couple of rounds of "starting fresh" sex, we decided to stay in bed all day.

It's very comfortable.

And we're both naked.

We've had breakfast, lunch and each other in my bed.

Oh man, that never gets old.

Even though I could have sex with Jennie non-stop we're on a break to get to know one another better.

Sure I know enough about Jennie and she knows enough about me, but now it's time for the other stuff. The finer details that will bring our intimacy to a whole new level.

After our first round we discussed the Irene incident.

Even though we touched on it before, we never really talked about it when we were both calm.

That was not an easy to discussion to have.

At all.

Jennie apologized again for being a mega bitch to me and I explained that Irene caught me at a very vulnerable moment. I regret sleeping with Irene but I can't change what I did. I'm also not going to outright apologize for it because we weren't together then.

I owed Jennie an explanation though.

And I wanted her to realize that I'm not some kind of womanizer.

I may not have had to justify my actions but for the greater good of moving forward, I felt it was necessary.

I also needed Jennie to know that I don't have any feelings for Irene whatsoever.

Ew!

I mean, she seems to have changed but she's still Irene.

I know it may look like I'm letting Jennie's behavior slide, but I'm not. She's already apologized more times than I can count, she came out on a national stage to let me know she was serious about not lying anymore and since yesterday she's been open with me about anything I've asked of her.

Except for now.

But I'll come back to that in just a second.

I made it obvious to Jennie that lying will not be tolerated and I can tell she got that message loud and clear.

Sure, I could have drawn things out and made Jennie feel even worse than she already did about how she acted. What good would that have done? The answer is it wouldn't have done any good.

The bottom line is I want to be with Jennie more than anything and I'm willing to take the risk of getting hurt again.

Am I scared?

Yes.

Is Jennie worth that risk?

Absolutely.

Besides I'm not innocent either.

I could have been honest with Jennie about my feelings a lot sooner than I was. I could have come right out and asked her about Hanbin. I could have confronted her about the first kiss we shared.