Chapter 58

I have not had the best start to my day.

Not only did I have less sleep than I would have liked, but Rosé was gone when Jennie and I woke up.

She left a note apologizing again for how she acted and promised that we'd catch up after dinner, but I'm still concerned. Her note also mentioned that she had something to take care of and that's why she couldn't stick around this morning.

I called Rosé immediately because it's killing me that I don't know what is going on with her. She assured me that she is fine despite her monstrous hangover but she gave me no other information.

I suppose I'll have to show patience to my friend, even though I don't want to. I have my suspicions on what is up but I'll let Rosé confirm them for me when we speak.

And we will.

So I'm sleep deprived, anxious about Rosé, and a wee bit cranky.

It's not my fault.

Really it's not!

Honest!

It doesn't help matters that Jennie is finding new ways to annoy me.

Seriously.

I love her and all but right now I'm peeved.

Maybe we've been spending too much time together.

Blasphemy!

I can't believe I just thought that!

There's no such thing as too much Jennie time.

I get out of the Jisoomobile and the sound of Jennie slamming her door closed makes me cringe.

We're at the grocery store.

My mom asked me to pick up a couple of things, plus the cupboards in my place are bare.

I loathe grocery shopping.

People always put their carts in the middle of the aisle so you can't navigate through properly. I can't stand when it's busy. And let's not forget the lines.

I have no patience for waiting in line.

Ever.

I grab an empty shopping cart and when I turn around Jennie isn't there.

She's still in the parking lot.

Ah!

Move it slowpoke!

"Were you waiting for an engraved invitation or something?" I snap when her majesty finally enters the store.

Wow!

I'm way cranky!

Whatever.

"Sorry my legs were still wobbly from the drive over here," Jennie fires back.

Don't push me, missy!

I roll my eyes and I make sure Jennie sees me do it. "You're exaggerating, my driving wasn't that bad."

It wasn't.

I think.

"Then explain to me why my life flashed before my eyes on more than one occasion," Jennie counters like she's so smart.

Hello!

Drama queen!

I start moving rather briskly. "Says the girl who can't even drive."

"Good one," Jennie deadpans.

Argh!

I'm so frustrated!