Chapter 60

I'm still waiting.

My dad stuck his head in the living room and when Jennie saw him, she left.

No, I don't mean my parent's house, just the room.

Bobby and Hanbin are sitting in the love seat to my right.

After my dad did whatever Jennie asked him to do, he came back and took a seat beside my mom.

They're on the couch behind me.

I have my hiney on the floor with my back leaning against the couch.

Rosé is on my left and I can tell she wants to talk but she respected Jennie's wishes that everyone stay where they were.

Joon and Maddie went home right after dinner because they're headed to Florida tomorrow for a vacation.

I'm not quite sure why we're all facing the same direction, but that's the way Jennie wanted it.

My curiosity for what she has going on in that mind of hers is at an all time high. Many different scenarios went through my head, including one that sent my heart racing until the rational side of me took over.

We've only been a couple for five days.

Five glorious, splendid, fantastic days, but still.

I know Jennie is the one but that doesn't mean I want to rush into anything.

"What do you think she's doing?" Rosé asks me as just before Jennie walks by.

She doesn't look in my direction.

I do notice that she has my dad's guitar in her hand.

Nice!

It's sing-a-long time again.

Maybe Jennie and I can do a duet.

We haven't had the chance yet.

Well, I guess we did have the chance when I was drunk but Jennie didn't take it.

What to sing?

What to sing?

I know, I know!

I want to sing "A Whole New World."

What?

It's a Disney classic.

And we all know what a good track record all things Disney has for Jennie and me.

"I think she's going to sing for us," I tell Rosé.

She rolls her eyes. "Thanks, Captain Obvious."

I elbow my friend and we share a laugh until Jennie's clears her throat to get our attention.

My eyes meet hers and when they do, all jokes and smart remarks I have ready to go leave my mind completely.

Her gaze is intense.

Very intense.

My stomach does a somersault as the room plunges into silence.

Jennie seems nervous and I'm not sure why.

It's not like she's hasn't performed for all of us before.

And when she did, there was all this uncertainty surrounding her and me that isn't there anymore.

"I uhm, wrote this song yesterday," Jennie starts as she takes a seat on the chair my dad placed at the front of the room. "And I wanted to play it now if you don't mind." I hear the beginnings of a joke from Bobby until Hanbin shuts him up.