Part 42

The two of you headed back to the apartment arm in arm and situated yourselves on the couch when you arrived. Jimin sat upright rather than with his head in your lap like normal, sitting in the middle of the couch with his legs relaxed wide. You sat cross legged against the armrest so you were facing him. He took a deep breath and then looked over at you, seeming nervous.

"I, uh, I'm not sure where to start," he said with an awkward chuckle, running his hand through his newly pink hair. "I hoped I would never have to tell you anything about my past." You reached out and grabbed his hand reassuringly.

"You do not have to tell me anything if you don't want to, kitten. If you aren't comfortable we don't have to do this."

"No, I want you to know it's just...I thought if you knew about all the things from my past...you wouldn't want me anymore," he said darkly, looking at his lap. You crawled over and sat in it, straddling him and placing your hands on his cheeks to make him look up at you.

"Jimin. There is absolutely nothing you can say that will make me not want you. Okay?" You asked, and he closed his eyes against tears that were threatening to fall again and nodded silently, his lower lip trembling slightly. You leaned in and kissed it softly before wrapping your arms around him and hugging his face into your chest. He nuzzled into you and stayed that way for a moment before sighing and pulling back. "I love you my kitten," you said, kissing his forehead and then climbing off of him.

"I know baby. I love you too."

"You think about where you want to start and I'll go make us some hot chocolate," you said before leaving the room and heading to the kitchen. You came back with two steaming mugs and passed him one, his face now looking determined. "Ready?" You asked.

"As I'll ever be," he replied, taking a deep breath and wrapping his fingers around the warm mug. "The first owner I can remember was when I was a kid. It wasn't that bad, but there were a lot of us in the house. Hybrid kids I mean. And it was an older couple, so they didn't have a lot of time or attention for all of us. The older kids basically raised us younger ones. You know how kids are - some of them were like real siblings and some of them were...mean." He sighed, taking a drink before continuing. "But then the woman died and the man couldn't even pretend he was caring for us anymore so the county took us all out of that home. I was a teenager by then, and it's normally really hard for teenage hybrids to be adopted but...people tend to take an interest in me because, uh," he hesitated, blushing slightly.

"Because you're so pretty?" You asked, smiling at him as you wrapped your arms around your legs, drawing your knees in toward your chest and tilting your head to the side. He rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably.

"Or so I've been told I guess. Of course - it's not always good people who want a 'pretty' hybrid, you know. Those first few years I bounced around between homes. Some of them might have been good homes if I had stayed, but...I was a teenager. I was angry and confused and lonely - I had spent years in a house full of kids like me, and suddenly I was living with wealthy middle aged people who wanted an attractive pet, you know?" He shook his head. "Every time a new couple would take me in I would make it a game to see how long it would take for them to send me back. And if I told myself that was what I wanted then it didn't hurt when it happened." He grew quiet for a moment and you waited silently. He huffed out another deep sigh before continuing.

"But then I turned 16, which is considered 'full maturity' for hybrids, so I was going to be on my own, no system to keep me housed anymore. So I realized I would need to stay with my next owners and not play the game and get kicked out. So I actually tried. I was adopted by a family just before my 16th birthday and I tried to really be a good pet for them, following all the rules and doing as I was told...but," he hesitated, swallowing hard. "But I guess I wasn't good enough, because they kicked me out just like the rest had. I still remember what it felt like to take that collar off. I was so confused - I really thought I had done good there." His hand drifted to his neck and he fingered the collar you had bought him absentmindedly, his thumb rubbing the engraving of your name that hung from it. "But since I was an adult hybrid now I didn't have anywhere to go that time. So I wasn't really in a spot to refuse any offer I got for a place to sleep. I moved in with a woman - she never officially adopted me, and she never bought me a collar but she...she said she would let me share her bed, but only if I..." he choked himself off, covering his face with his hands. You reached your hand out and stroked his ears gently, feeling tears prick at the back of your own eyes.