Chapter 64

"Thank you, Los Angeles!" I yell into the microphone after I finish my last song of the night.

Well, almost my last song.

There's still my encore to perform.

The crowd cheers wildly for me and the noise is deafening.

It's such a rush.

I feel like I'm flying.

The energy being emitted from each and every one of my fans is incredible.

I don't think I'll ever get sick of this feeling.

The house lights come up and the crowd goes even crazier.

I think that might have been my best show to date.

About fifteen minutes into my performance I spotted the Kims, Rosé and Hanbin out of the corner of my eye. They were standing at the side of the stage with Jisoo and seeing them allowed me to relax.

I guess I did overact when I found out that they were going to be late.

Maybe I am spending too much time with Jisoo because that type of freak out over nothing is sort of her thing, not mine.

It's not an insult but there more than a few times when she's gotten upset only to find out later that all her fussing was for nothing.

And my gut is now telling me that's exactly what I just did.

Oh well, at least nobody has any clue how much I was panicking.

I wave to the audience as I walk off the stage.

I barely have a minute to gulp down some water and get my acoustic guitar from Jisoo, let alone say hi to anyone.

I smile at the big group of family and friends that have come to personally cheer me on but that's the only greeting they get from me.

"You kicked ass, Jen," Jisoo gushes before she hands me a towel.

I wipe my face as I flash her a big smile. "Was there ever any doubt?"

Jisoo doesn't seem to catch on that, yes, I had huge doubts.

I don't blame her though.

I can be quite good at covering up what I'm really thinking.

It's not something I'm proud of but it does come in handy for moments like this one.

"You can't fool me," Jisoo replies with a grin of her own. "You thought they weren't coming at all."

What?

She can tell I was thinking that?

Uh oh.

I might not be as slick as I thought I was.

"You're crazy, but I love you anyway," I tell Jisoo to play off the fact that she knows me so well.

"Sure, sure, whatever you say," she smirks.

Damn.

Jisoo is getting way too cocky for my liking.

Wait.

Why am I complaining about this new attitude?

It makes her even hotter.

Which is not an easy task considering Jisoo is by far the sexiest woman alive in my books.

Ok, I can't afford to get distracted when I'm almost done my show.

I kiss Jisoo to avoid discussing the matter any longer. "I'll be back in a few," I pledge before I head back out to the arena.