Scary Stories

^ Joey

Jennie was so used to feeling annoyed or disliking pretty much anyone she had to have contact with, that it didn't take much for her to realize she had somehow developed a crush on Jisoo. But that didn't mean she had any idea what to do about it. Or how it happened in the first place.

Jisoo was the exact opposite of who she usually went for. She was happy and bubbly, always positive, constantly talking, always curious and asking questions, sweet, kind, silly without worrying what other people thought, not afraid to go after what she wanted and...

...maybe that was the point.

Someone had finally started breaking down Jennie's walls because for the first time in a long time, she had let someone in her life that was more than just something superficial.

She would blame Professor Lee for that, but Jennie was afraid she would have to thank him too. Because ever since that tiny ball of sunshine found her way into Jennie's life, things had started to change, even before Jennie realized it.

Jennie stood in the dark room alone that morning. She liked to get there before classes started when she had film to develop. It was easier to develop her own photos without idiots that didn't know what they were doing bumping around the room with her. She had finished with the chemical mixtures and was cleaning up while her prints were drying.

"This is new."

"Holy shit!" Jennie spun around, dropping the container she had just washed on the ground. The plastic box bounced on the ground as Jennie stumbled into the table in the dark room.

"Holy shit is right." Jung chuckled as she tugged on a photo being held to the line by a clothes pin. She walked over to the dim light offering the light glow in the dark room and held the photo up.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asked, picking up the dropped container and setting it on the counter.

"You aren't the only one that likes to be the alone in the dark room." Jung commented before grabbing another photo and examining it like she had the last one. "These are really great, Jennie."

"Really?" Jennie asked quietly, stepping forward to see what pictures Jung was giving praise to. Her eyes went wide when she saw which ones were being held under the light, "Oh, actually, those aren't—"

"Aren't what?" Her professor turned to her, holding out the photos for Jennie to take.

"Aren't the ones I had planned on using for my final portfolio." Jennie took them back before walking over to the line of drying photos. She pulled a couple from the line and walked back over to her professor.

Jung took them and looked them over while Jennie watched her carefully. The room was dark but not dark enough for Jennie to see that her professor was less impressed with these.

"Remember when I told you to make me feel something?" Jung pressed her lips together tightly before looking over at Jennie, "Whatever is going on with those first photos— that what I was talking about."

She turned and walked out of the dark room, leaving Jennie speechless. Jennie looked down at the photos in her hand. They were good. Really good. The color was incredible, the lines sharp, she had been excited to show her professor and what had just happened was no where near what she was expecting. She went back to the line and let her eyes trail along the photos still hanging up before picking up the ones her professor had looked at first.

The difference was obvious. It would have been to anyone, not just someone who knew good photography. Half the photos were ones she had taken on her own. It didn't matter the subject or the location— the ones she had taken when Jisoo was with her were better. By far.