A game

It was when the door creaked open that I perked up to see my visitor. There stood my captor in his full glory with a box in his arms. He entered the room with his eyes trained on me, closing the door slowly for some reason.

I examined the damaged cardboard box that reminded me of the ones you could find in a storage room. He settled himself on the ground where he dug inside the box and pulled out a small and thin box. A gust of dust was blown off the top before he showcased Candy Land written and I immediately recognized the game. I slowly drew closer, although hesitant to come to close to him. He watched me under the mass of black hair that fell on his face before setting himself down on the floor.

The box was opened and the game was setup.

"What color." I stilled at the voice that seemed to come out of nowhere. My gaze fell onto the red gingerbread man piece that was at the start with only yellow, blue, and green left. It took me a while to think out everything.

Was this a test? If I played, would there be any possible danger I could face? What if I choose not to play? Would he be angry?

I jumped when he asked again, although irritated this time.

I-I'll go along and get onto... I was nervous and scared at even the thought of trying to do anything at all, especially when that decision involved my kidnapper. I'll try being on friendly terms with him. I somewhat cringed at the thought.

I drew a shaky finger to a random colored piece and watched as he placed the blue one onto the board next to his. His eyes bore into mine that caused panic to rise within me.

Is he suspicious of me? Does he know what I'm thinking? Wha- He did not move a muscle for maybe a minute? Until I saw his his hand release the fist he began to make. "if you're going to play, then get closer..." He muttered. It took me a moment before I slowly crept closer until I was far enough from him with my body pressed against the bed yet close enough to touch the game piece and lift a card up.

------

It was halfway into the second game of a random card game that I became aware of the stinging on my lips from smiling with chapped lips. Internally I panicked in the fact that I allowed myself to be taken with the flow of things and forgetting my own situation.

You're literally playing games with the same person who kidnap you. Let's not forget the unforgivable things he's done to you.

My eyes burned up with the flashes of those painful memories that were now ingrained into my brain that I flinched when I heard him speak.

"Hurry up." He barked.

Trembling, I placed down a card down into the middle and silently watched.

Is this how I'll spend the rest of my life? Listening to the deafening silence of this room? Never knowing what day it is? Playing freaking Uno with him?!

Stop. I told myself while placing another card down. You can use this to your advantage. Make friends.

I shivered at the thought and was surprised to see he was staring at me.

"Uno." He simply said.

I stilled in panic and found it hard to swallow properly.

He must have been suspicious of me. He knows what I have been thinking of.