Chapter Twenty-Five | First World

NSFW WARNING!

[ 25 ]

Kang Guiren was a man of many talents, and that apparently applied to fashion as well. When a box arrived, being hand-delivered by the man's very own favoured servant, Mianmian was quick to accept it and rush to his young master's side.

ShuNing was swift to try and open it, only for the present to be yanked out of reach. "Young master, your hands are filthy."

After many hours grinding and mixing herbs, creating all sorts of concoctions, his hands were dyed green. The little assistants actions were valid, especially seeing as the intricately-designed robe within the box was, for a majority, pure white.

Begrudgingly ShuNing had to sit back and allow the little bun, who appeared just as excited, to open up the parcel and carefully take the piece out. Both young men became entrapped by the robe, their eyes roaming all over it. "Young master, you will look exquisite in this."

"Ah, I wonder why Elder Kang has selected blue."

Around the collar, shoulders and then drifting down to the soft edges of the long drooping-sleeves was a design, of what appeared like petals. Outlining each one, that were a variety of different shapes and sizes, was a slither of gold stitching. Underneath the design, as the base colour, it appeared white but as it travelled down the length of the eye-catching robe the gradient changed to a light grey.

"I suspect our Chief Advisor wishes for you to stand out, young master."

"Hm?"

"I have heard," Mianmian spoke whilst running his fingertips gently over the raised edges of the intricate stitching, ", that all other masters and mistresses rival for the robes with the most red in them."

"Really? How ridiculous"

"Mm, but wearing this I believe you won't need to compete with anyone, young master."

"Compete? How silly, I'm not going for such boring reasons."

Mianmian blinked, appearing confused and ShuNing leant closer as if to divulge a big secret. "I hear there's going to be a selection of the finest deserts within Xe."

"...a-ha I see." The little servant was once again defeated by his master's belly.

ShuNing stood and walked over to the basin where he began to rinse off his hands, whilst Guang Bai found that there was another, much smaller, box underneath. Knowing his master's attitude, he didn't feel any hesitations by opening it up. But his little gasp drew all the attention back to him.

"What is it?" ShuNing strode back over, coming to a stop beside his seated assistant. Mianmian presented the open box, with eyes that were practically twinkling. Red ruby earrings, in the shape of small teardrops, were inside.

"You don't think Elder Kang is proposing to me, do you?" ShuNing joked, but the little one paled.

"Young Master!"

"Ha ha! I'm kidding. Perhaps if they were biscuits instead.."

"!!!"

"Pfft!" ShuNing couldn't stop himself from teasing the flushed little bun, who was looking at him in horror at the suggestion. Holding his stomach he continued to laugh at the expense of the steaming-eared Mianmian.

After he had thoroughly washed his hands clean, Mianmian had ShuNing try on the robe. After walking around his young master, eyeing every detail, the little servant decided that a few small alterations needed to be made. As someone who had his complete trust, ShuNing didn't batter an eyelid and happily permitted it.