09

"Hey baby," Jimin smiled, as Eunji woke up

"Morning dad!" she chirped, grinning, "Today is your birthday isn't it?"

His smile turned wider, "How did you know?"

She rolled over and pointed to the small Elsa desk calendar on her nightstand, "October 13, see? Happy birthday."

His arms reached down and enveloped the little one's waist tightly, "Thank you my princess," he kissed her cheek, and turned his own for her to peck, and she did.

"So what are we going to do!"

"Hmm I don't know, love, today is all for you and me."

"What do you want to do, daddy?" she asked, jumping off the bed and around to stand in front of him, taking his hands in hers, she started bouncing up and down, "What do grown ups like to do?"

"I just like spending time with you, baby," he leaned down and rubbed his nose with hers, "How about Lotte World? Should we go there today?"

"Oooh yes! Tae Hee said that there's a new ride that I've always wanted to try!"

He bent down and kissed her a few times on the cheek. There were times when he found his own daughter too precious to handle, and now, when she was gushing the way she was, was one of those times.

She giggled, trying to hug Jimin back with her smaller arms, pecking his cheek as well, "You seem more excited than me, daddy."

"Of course I'm excited," he scrunched his nose, "Okay," he stood up and walked to her closet, "Let's get you ready."

--

Good morning love

Jimin smiled at the text that lit up his phone screen.

Jimin: Good morning! Did you just wake up?

Ara: Yeah! Got so many things to do today, have to hand in my application essay to the high school as well as writing some learning stories for a few of the kids. How's Eunji?

Jimin: She's good, we're going out in a bit but do you want to join us for dinner?

Ara: You know what, that sounds great, I feel like that's gonna be the best end to my day.

Jimin: I'll see you tonight then! Can't wait xx

"I'm ready daddy!" Eunji came running into the living room, carrying her blue backpack and pink water bottle. He loved how she was such a paradox sometimes, he remembered back to when they bought that backpack and he had picked out a pink one, asking her if she liked it and she pointed at the blue instead, saying she liked that colour much better. He was happy that she was too young to conform to such stereotypes and then when buying her the water bottle she preferred the pink over any other colour.