࿐ 0.2

"𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙢𝙚
𝙖𝙨 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩, 𝙞 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙖 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙮
𝙞 𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙞 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢."
——●━━━━━━━━
0:26-0:46

"——●━━━━━━━━0:26-0:46

🌧
2 hours earlier

"don't be late okay, yukhei?"

"look who's talking! i'll see you later, dork."

"i'll see you later. i love you."

[beat.] "i love you too."

yujin hangs up the phone, smiling ever so widely to herself — she thought her cheeks would burst. she and yukhei planned to meet at the wonhyo bridge, just like they did every year on their anniversary.

today marks their third year together — three years of pure bliss and happiness, something yujin never thought of experiencing with the boy she loved till her heart's very end.

yukhei was that boy. just the mention of his name made yujin's heart flutter, every single time. yujin never thought she could get bored of his adorable face, his silly jokes, and most of all — him. yukhei could make yujin's heart pound so hard everytime he touches her, and everytime they kissed, yujin felt the 'fireworks feeling' that she thought was merely fictitious until she experienced it herself.

why the wonhyo bridge, you may ask? the words "will you be my girlfriend, yujin?" left yukhei's mouth, and of course, the lovestruck girl agreed in a heartbeat. the memory was still so vivid in yujin's memory — the way yukhei's face lit up when he got his answer, the way he bent down and scooped yujin in his arms, the way he spun her around, before pressing their lips together.

and every single year, they would keep the memory alive, as the pair recollect together, and they share the same moment every year — thus allowing it to stay so vividly in their minds.

yujin smiles to herself at the thought of seeing her special boy once more as she looks at the beautiful bouquet she got him in her hands. in her daze, yujin watches as her bus drives away. she glances at her watch and her face falls. it was 7:23pm, and the pair were to meet once more at 7:30pm. yujin decides that she would not catch the next bus that would only arrive in another twenty minutes. she decided to get there as fast as she could by foot, which would take her ten minutes if she got there fast enough.

however, luck isn't on yujin's side tonight, as there are many commuters littered across the roads, all trying their best to push their way through to get home as fast as they could. yujin curses under her breath as she tries to squeeze her way through the crowded roads.

as she gets out of the crowd after what feels like an eternity, she looks down at her watch again. 7:46pm, it read. she unlocks her phone and raises an eyebrow. no texts from yukhei yet.

she drops him a text, are you late too babe? she chuckled, hoping that was the case. she hears a clap of thunder shake the sky, and she looks up to see dark clouds forming. hopefully yukhei brought an umbrella, she thinks to herself as she spots the wonhyo bridge ahead of her.

yujin runs quickly to where she spots yukhei's distinctive, tall figure at the bridge. his back is turned against yujin, and he probably hasn't seen her yet. yuijn giggles to herself as she plans to hug him from behind, surprising him.

as she picks up speed, she suddenly comes to a screeching halt. she stops in her tracks and takes an unsteady step behind her. she doesn't want to believe what she's seeing in front of her. the flowers in her hands slip out of grip and fall with a loud thud.

it's yukhei... but his lips are connected with somebody else's.

yujin grows pale. her legs feel weak, she feels as if she's about to throw up any second. just at that moment, she feels the rain begin to pelt onto her skin. she doesn't know if it is the rain or the tears that is running down her face anymore.

yujin watches as the pair breaks away from the kiss and yukhei opens an umbrella to cover both of them. the pair exchange a smile with one another before leaning in to kiss once more.

at that moment, yujin falls onto her knees, just like how her world is. "wong yukhei!" she calls out, but it just comes out as a loud sob. yukhei turns around and his eyes widen at the sight of yujin. he quickly turns his head away, refusing to make eye contact with her. he holds the other girl by the shoulder and walks to their car and drives away into the dark night, leaving a hysterical yujin behind.

and just like that, yujin was left in the pouring all alone. by the boy she gave her entire heart to. at the place where she made the happiest memory, a new memory had formed. but it was the worst. yujin chokes out the only words she feels like she is able to string into a coherent sentence.

"am i really too late, yukhei?"

🌧
yujin :(( hey, it's only gna get sadder from here!