CHAPTER 24

Ruby St. Clair's POV

Something roused me from my sleep. My eyes were still trying to adjust from the light that creep from the glass window. Where was I? I asked myself silently trying to remember what happened last night. It seems that I was not on my bed but someone else bed.

A light kissed on my naked shoulder snap my brain into working again. Oh yes, I remember now I was on Roman's bed after weeks of resisting his campaign of seduction I finally lost the will to resist and ultimately gave in.

What I thought would be our ordinary dinner last night turned out to be the naughtiest feast of my life. A simple kiss led us into something more—something more than I would be willing to bargain in this lifetime. Our first encounter after that disastrous night in Spain after our wedding was at his kitchen countertop my bare bottom met the cold marble was he took possession of my body right there with lack of inhabitation. I never realized that making love could be that wild.

The second one was more intimate than the first. He told me that he was already hungry I thought he meant the food we cook but he scooped me in his arms and brought me to his bed where he made love to me excruciatingly slow. He leisurely kissed every part of my body taking his time as if he intended to do that throughout the night that nearly drive me mad for teasing me like that. I almost begged him to take me.

After our long make-out session in bed, we were truly famished for food. We finally managed to drag ourselves from his bed and eat the cold pasta and burnt bread in the oven. I was only wearing his shirt while he was half-naked eating near the fireplace with a glass of wine. I never thought I would experience such things with a man who was my temporary husband.

When we finished the bottle of wine, he leaned again towards my face for a kiss. I let him took liberties even though I knew where that kissed would lead us. I automatically hook my arms around his neck as he lifted me to go to his room that led us to our third before we fell asleep due to exhaustion.

"Good morning." Roman had greeted, kissing my shoulder again.

Right now my back was on him, his skillful hands starting to travel to my naked stomach. I hid my smile trying to ignoring his exploration. I was still sore between my legs there was no way I would let him have his fourth round this morning.

I slapped his hand when it traveled between my legs. "Nope. You are not getting any action early this morning, Mister."

"Why not?"

"Aren't you had enough last night?" I turned around to face him. Wrong move. I only got to see how sinfully handsome he was early in the morning with his stubble jaw.

He pulled me even closer to his as I felt his stiff morning election. "I will never get tired of you, mi amor. You don't have any idea how long I have waited for this to have you again in my bed beside me every night. I never thought I would want a woman as much as I wanted you, my love."

My eyes clouded for a moment as I stared deep into his eyes. I couldn't help but remember our first night in Spain. "But you didn't want me before, Roman. You didn't want a virgin girl. I clearly remember your expression that night when you realized that I am a virgin. You were horrified. Obviously, you regret having sex with me."

"Making love, Red." He corrected me firmly. "Sex is meaningless what we have is something special that's why it's always making love when it comes to us."

"But you still regret it." I eyed him with a sad expression on my face.

I could see the annoyance flashed through his expressive eyes that I could swear that look was directed to me. "Dios mío, what do you want me to do? I never realized that my new bride is a virgin. If I have known that time I would have taken you with carefulness since it was your first time, not some wild beast who was so thirsty."